Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to empower British Columbians to move forward.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a precondition of new employment. A successful candidate offered employment at BCAA will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment. Exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2022!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office will have access to our cafeteria onsite, we also have a number of coffee stations throughout the building stocked with complimentary tea & coffee options
BCAA's Strategic Ventures Team is hiring a Regular Full-Time Manager, Strategic Ventures!
Supporting the Strategic Ventures team, you will provide strategic, analytical and operational expertise for the identification, assessment, and commercialization of potential new venture initiatives with the intention of adding additional value to BCAA members of today and potential members of tomorrow.
The role involves strategic opportunity analysis, investment risk analysis and business planning for new concepts. From these early assessment recommendations, business plans, implementation strategies and pilot projects will be built to ensure opportunity for success of new products and services. Examples of the Strategic Ventures team past launches include the award-winning Evo Car Share concept and BCAA’s new Small Business Insurance offering.
- Developing and leading competitive, customer, and industry insights in order to inform strategic identification and development of concepts for growth
- Ongoing secondary industry, market and competitive research
- Defining research requirements and opportunities
- Gather, analyze, edit, and interpret data
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable brand growth
- Evaluating and screening new investment opportunities
- Developing and leading financial models
- Forecasting financials for pilot projects and growing product lines
- Preparing summary documents and recommendations for those opportunities
- Developing and driving launch plans, including go-to-market activities and product development
- Leading and managing functional and cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and external suppliers in assessing, developing, and implementing product, pricing, promotion and distribution strategies and tactics
- Contributing to the collective knowledge of the New Ventures team by keeping current with markets and news, sharing relevant findings with colleagues.
Concept Identification, Analysis and Strategy
- Provides input to corporate strategy through the Director New Ventures
- Defines 3-5 year concept analysis and implementation strategy through annual business plans/performance targets
- Leads and influences cross-functional collaboration to identify, analyze, and develop high potential concepts.
- Initiates customer research and analysis to identify actionable insights from a strategic or tactical perspective
- Combine with competitive/industry insights and leverage in concept development, pricing, distribution and communication/promotional strategies
- Requests as needed market research and analysis to confirm high potential new concept or market opportunities
- Develops and recommends business case proposals
- Measures the testing and implementation of approved New Venture concepts including: Concept design; Product design; Business plans/performance targets; Supplier relationships; Operational/support requirements; and Performance reports
- Understands and initiates improvements to processes in order to achieve the greatest revenue gains or reduce costs ensuring processes address the needs of target consumers
- Inputs to corporate budgeting process and manages expense lines (e.g. personnel, postage and delivery, advertising).
- Prepares quarterly forecasts of revenue and expense performance
- Prepares monthly performance reports and analysis
- Target markets (customer segments, distribution strategies, etc.).
- Monitors industry trends, competitive issues, customer and Channel feedback, etc. to achieve high level of market/product expertise and to identify potential opportunities for new concepts.
- Supports the development of key innovation program activities
- Identifies, monitors and presents consumer and industry trends impacting the future of the business
- Initiates competitive research and analysis to identify actionable insights from a strategic or tactical perspective
- Fosters a culture of innovation throughout BCAA by creating curated events, sharing best practices and leading cross-functional innovation initiatives
- Develops internal reports and presentations for audiences including Senior Management, Executive Team, Board of Directors and external parties (ex: conferences
- Act as an ambassador and change agent for new innovation
New Business Management, Operations and Strategy
- Manages product incubation through the implementation of growth focused marketing & operational strategy
- Identifies opportunities, and develops/executes growth plans for ‘high-potential’ product lines
- Develops communication and promotion strategies, consistent with the BCAA Brand, to effectively reach target segments in support of New Venture launch and execution strategies and annual business plans.
- Develop annual and quarterly promotional plans to achieve performance targets.
- Develop campaigns from ideation through creative development with external agencies and suppliers.
- Deliver on Business Line Objectives including Revenues, Member Value, Operating Margin
- Manages marketing and operational teams
- Leads annual and quarterly planning and business cases
Team Management, Departmental Leadership and Responsibility
- Manage & develop direct reports within both Marketing & Operational functions
- Develops strong partnerships and spirit of collaboration with departments across the BCAA organization.
- Leads through influence and alignment of mutual objectives.
- Constantly strive to be a subject matter expert in New Ventures and innovation within the BCAA organization.
- Embody the core values of BCAA – teamwork, integrity, and sustainability.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree; preferably in Business - Marketing or Finance
- MBA preferred
- Peer-to-peer product experience a significant asset
- 4-7 years directly related work experience in either:
- Leadership / Product Management / Go-to-Market Strategy experience at a successful start-up or new company
- Consumer Marketing ideally in Consumer Packaged Goods or Financial Services industries with strong experience analyzing data and developing fact-based recommendations.
- Strategic Advisory in a fast paced, disciplined environment (Consulting, Finance, M&A, VC, Private Equity)
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to operationalize programs, launch new products or services – particularly technology-related
- Experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated skills in research and analysis
- Skilled in multiple project and process implementation – able to provide development, oversight, coordination, implementation, prioritization, and tracking of a large number of programs, projects and promotions.
- Consumer marketing acumen – ability to analyze, recognize, understand and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, customer needs, and be able to turn this knowledge into action.
- Communication skills – Demonstrated sound interpersonal, and presentation skills, both verbal and written - must be able to convey technical details to non-technical individuals and convey business requirements to technical support units
- Strong understanding of brand and consumer strategy
- Detail-oriented, quality conscious
- Critical thinking skills – ability to think strategically
- Advanced knowledge of software applications – MS Office Suite, with particular expertise in spreadsheet, database and presentation applications
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well in an informal team environment
- A track record of continuous learning
- Interpersonal and Team Relations
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, can adapt to rapid evolution of responsibilities
- Intellectually curious and driven
- Tenacious, goal oriented and self-motivated
- Service Excellence
- Integrity and Ethical Conduct
- Continuous Learning and Innovation
- Judgment, Planning and Decision Making
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burnaby, BC