Who you will be working with
At Capgemini, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want. By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Our brand promise “Get The Future You Want” reflects our passion for people and technology and highlights the company’s commitment to inclusion and sustainability.
An important aspect of ‘Get the Future You Want’ is to balance hybrid ways of working between your Capgemini office, home, and client location (where applicable). We recognize that it is an imperative to create flexibility so you can enjoy an optimal work-life balance and feel empowered to achieve success. When you come onboard, or before, please discuss this with your manager so you can agree the best ways of working for your role, team, and client.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager and desire to learn new things in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Desire to work in a culturally diverse, team-based environment
- Resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic
- Content development
- Trade shows and client events
- External communications and media relations
- Internal communications
- Service, alliance, and sector marketing
- Email and digital marketing
- Marketing campaign management
- Marketing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/writing, public relations, or related field within the past 18 months
- Strong academic achievement (3.2 GPA min)
- Work or class project experience in marketing, communications/writing, public relations, or business development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with collaborative writing processes, a variety of corporate communication styles, and knowledge of the editorial process
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law