ABOUT GOODWILL AMITY
Goodwill, the Amity Group (www.goodwillonline.ca) is a leading, not-for-profit, social impact, and human services organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton and Halton communities. Goodwill lives a person-centred service philosophy that places clients, employers, and stakeholders at the centre of our mission, which is changing lives and strengthening communities through the power of work. To deliver that mission we support individuals in entering or re-entering the workforce and help employers recruit and retain the staff they need to achieve their operational objectives. In support of our mission we also operate social enterprises, including two retail thrift stores, donation centres, recycling operations, and Stairways Café & Catering. Our social enterprises generate proceeds to reinvest in our mission, make us a larger employer, reflect our environmental commitment, and provide hands-on training and opportunities for job seekers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Marketing & Communications Manager with our internationally recognized not-for-profit organization, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing all marketing, promotional, and communications activities for the organization. This includes writing, multi-media storytelling, design, website content updates, social media, and promotion through traditional channels.
Given the current support of a third-party marketing firm, this role is being posted as a part-time position working 4-days a week. However, we will consider candidates who may only be interested if it were full-time at 5-days per week. The position reports to the President & CEO and is based at our head office in downtown Hamilton. We will be targeting a start date of April 3, 2023.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Write and design marketing, communication, and promotional materials.
- Ensure impact-focused, multi-media storytelling, through content creation and strategic repurposing across a variety of digital channels.
- Work in collaboration with members of the senior leadership team, advising on and responding to requests for marketing support in alignment with the operating plan and budget.
- Direct the activities of a third-party marketing firm, to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, annual plan, template development, web development, and support on major campaigns.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of all external/internal communications including periodic newsletters, brochures, press releases, flyers, store signage and POS, website content, video content, radio content, invitations, and the annual report.
- Design, create posts and write articles for all social media messaging to engage customers, clients, donors, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Design, create, and manage website content, ensuring alignment with organization strategy and brand image.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for storytelling and content creation.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong relationship/Interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook) and in design software including Adobe InDesign.
- Strategic thinker and creative in planning and problem solving.
- An organized and flexible approach to managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of major social media platforms and digital tools used in marketing and communications.
- Strong knowledge of various software applications used in website and graphic design.
- Post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in marketing, and/or communications.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, or social media roles.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary/wage rate and benefits plan including extended healthcare, dental, vision care, life insurance, travel insurance, LTD, and pension plan.
Candidates Please Note: When applying, please indicate in your cover letter if you are primarily interested in a 4 or 5 day role.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Goodwill, The Amity Group strives to be an inclusive and safe space for all, and to accurately reflect the diversity of the various stakeholders that we serve. We strongly encourage expressions of interest from people who are members of marginalized and/or underserved/underrepresented communities, especially individuals who identify as: First Nations, Metis, or Inuit, or people of colour; diverse gender and sexual identities (including LGBTQ2+); people living with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-27
Expected start date: 2023-04-03