As an integral part of the Marketing team at Rapport Credit Union (Rapport), the Marketing Coordinator will fulfill an essential administrative support role in relation to Rapport’s marketing communication channels, aiding branch objectives and the overall achievement of departmental plans and goals.
From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting in elevating overall brand awareness in the communities we serve. By leveraging internal and external data sources to assess competitive landscape, the incumbent will identify market opportunities and execute strategies to achieve desired organizational goals.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including social media, digital marketing, branding and communications. The Marketing Coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Overseeing and coordination of marketing projects to ensure on-time delivery and accurate execution.
- Supports Marketing Team in daily deliverables, activities and deadlines for campaigns and individual marketing projects.
- Assists with the evaluation of Rapport’s marketing campaigns; distributes agenda, attends and participates in meetings and provides administrative support for all marketing initiatives.
- Processes and coordinates correspondence for monthly communications to members using a variety of channels, and manages contact databases in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Assists with the conceptualization, proofreading, editing and production of internal and external marketing materials, print ads, and presentation materials, as applicable.
- Reviews marketing materials to ensure a consistent voice, brand aesthetics and regulatory requirements.
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Develops content, manages monthly calendar and populates Rapport’s social media channels with relevant and timely information; determines, and executes unique tactics to engage members and potential members through strategic social media efforts.
- Tracks and prepares reporting on monthly social media results.
- “Listens” and responds to Rapport’s social media following in a timely manner.
- Branch Marketing Requests:
- Attends all branch marketing meetings, follows through and handles all branch requests for collateral, documents or support items.
- Maintains inventory of branch posters, orders through printer and sends monthly instructions to branches.
- Keeps business and promotional materials available by monitoring inventories, coordinating orders, verifying receipt, etc.
Website & Email Marketing:
- Coordinates website content with Web Developer to ensure information is posted on time and removed when no longer relevant.
- Coordinates the development, approvals and distribution of email blasts and electronic banking messages with Web Developer.
- Maintains email marketing database.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, Communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a related role with proven results and preferably with a specialization in the following: social media, marketing, or communications
- Experience using and a deep understanding of the nuances of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Firm understanding of various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices including social, traditional, digital, and email marketing
- Overall business approach includes customer-service, resourcefulness, teamwork, ownership and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to possess a high level of multitasking ability and flexibility in prioritizing to ensure completion of work as needs change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and prepare reporting
- Must have a high level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) plus an aptitude for picking up new software or computer based tools.
- Knowledge of CRM systems or working with Envision is an asset.
- Normal office environment.
- Primarily sitting.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Some travel required between branches and to attend marketing events.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Rapport Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants are invited to apply. Rapport Credit Union would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Marketing: 2 years (preferred)
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON