We are looking for a detail-oriented marketing manager to execute our marketing strategy and support our sales strategy. At its core, the role involves project management and marketing communication, with an emphasis on execution. The position is based out of our office in Markham and will involve occasional events, as well as travel opportunities.
About GLP Worldwide:
We are Canada’s leader in land tours and sea cruises. Founded in 1999, we’re a collection of small-ship cruise and land experiences assembled with Canadian travellers in mind. Pairing exceptional destinations with unique itineraries, our programs are for those who want to stray off the beaten path -- without compromising comfort. They’re handpicked to suit your travel style: part adventure, part luxury, and fully experiential. If you’ve already done the tourist circuit and are ready to get more out of your next trip, our programs are definitely worth a try.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore new ways to engage and identify ways to reach our target agents.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, training videos, etc.).
- Understand how our marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Manage various marketing campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our emails, Facebook or print advertising.
- Collaborate with Tourist boards, Suppliers, Agents, Special interest groups etc. to run campaigns.
- Develop and implement targeted campaigns (ad-hoc or as part of marketing plan)
- Ensure marketing compliance with policies and regulations (TICO, privacy legislation etc.)
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits.
- Assist members of our sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our company.
- Support sales/growth targets with annual marketing plan
- Coordinate and collaborate with external vendors. (Marketing consultant, Graphic Designers, Web developers, Copy Writers, Printers, etc.)
- Prepare routine and ad hoc sales reports for internal or supplier/partner review
- Implement sales and marketing technologies – phone systems, Hubspot CRM, lead generation/capture, automated workflows, etc.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for the sales team.
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities
Personality traits we’re looking for
- You demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- You’re a problem solver with a can-do mindset
- You’re highly organised
- You take accountability and ownership
- You’re passionate about travel
Skills we’re looking for:
Project management - you will be executing a strategy that is in the last mile of preparation and is nearly ready to be launched. You will be in charge of launching, putting together brochures and flyers, coordinating small events, sourcing outsourcers
Marketing Communication - you will be in charge of preparing and sending out our weekly e-newsletter, running our social media profiles (Facebook page & group), communicating with channel partners, tourist boards, and vendors, and developing marketing messages and campaigns throughout the year.
An eye for details - GLP is known for its operational excellence and this is largely due to a very high attentiveness to detail. Brochures, webpages, itineraries all require an eagle eye and a commitment to measuring twice, cutting once.
Execution - we are looking for someone with a proactive approach to getting the job done. We have the strategy and we need the right person to help us get it off the ground and then keep it flying.
Problem Solving - we are looking for someone with a proactive, can-do approach to solving problems. Sometimes things change quickly with passengers and suppliers, and we have to put our firefighting hats on. You should be able to act decisively and quickly while keeping an eye for how we can continue to develop our processes to solve problems before they arise.
CRM: Experience using Hubspot is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- MARKHAM, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you familiar with using Hubspot?
- Do you have any experience working in the travel industry?
- Marketing: 2 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (preferred)
Work Location: One location