Shift: Night Shift (10:30pm-6:30am , M-F- 8 hrs)
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the scope of this position involves operating the case packer, case stacker, palletizer, tape and labelling machine, scanning equipment and battery hand powered forklift equipment, as well as provides coverage in other areas of the plant.
- Operate battery powered and hand pallet trucks
- Operate Packaging Machines (ex: case packer, case stacker, palletizer, tape & Labelling equipment)
- Transport packaging material to individual filler equipment including skids
- Stretch wrap all packed skids, apply licence plates / identification stickers on them and transport filled skids to designated area identified by lead hand
- Maintain all records
- Scan product into the WMS system, reconcile WMS scanned data with palletizing reports.
- Review and print labels for SKU’s being packed.
- Review production best before codes being packed
- Help filling operator and fill in for them during breaks, vacations
- Responsible for sanitation of area
- Take daily and weekly preventive maintenance care of Forklifts
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and other training materials provided and accurate record keeping
- Monitor and maintain the Quality, Food Safety and SQF systems
- Cross train, and provide relief coverage on packaging machinery in other areas of the plant
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required
- Minimum high school diploma and/or relevant dairy experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a regulated dairy or food manufacturing environment (a definite asset)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), including excellent sanitary habits, CIP systems and possess knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of computers
- Ability to be flexible in terms of shift work and perform other duties as required
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the job and ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal
- Mechanical aptitude and solid troubleshooting skills
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit: http://www.gaylea.com
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you able to work a Monday to Friday 10:30pm to 6:45am
- machine operator: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location