Shift Time: * Availability to be discussed within the interview/screening stages* Day Shift 5:45 AM – 3:45 PM, Afternoon Shift 3:45 PM – 1:45 AM
All Shifts may NOT be available at the time of your interview
What you’ll do
Working out of our warehouse in Bolton, you’ll work as a part of a team to help ensure that the high quality products from our vendors get to our stores, and ultimately our customers, in the most efficient and responsible way possible. Our Material Handler employees are hired to support a multi-shift operation. This means being able to work 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, and including weekends.
Additional responsibilities we expect our Material Handler employees to embrace in the role include:
- Abiding by health and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment
- Participation in cross training of some distribution functions
- Following assigned work schedule, and identifying/reporting variances to Crew Lead
- Working in and updating warehouse management system
- Engagement in duties/special projects
- Participating in team-based decision making as required
What We Offer
- $1000 Signing Bonus
- $100 Steel toe shoe voucher
- Canadian Tire Family of Companies discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Profit Sharing and Canadian Tire Savings Program
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Demonstrated competence in power equipment and/or ability to learn new power equipment
- Proud of and take ownership in their work
- Service and solutions oriented
- Focused on productivity, quality and process improvement
- Passionate about making a difference for our customers and their fellow team members
- Ability to lift 23 kgs (50 lbs)
While some experience is preferred, if you have a willingness to learn and a demonstrated passion for customer service and teamwork, then this is definitely the place to be.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- 18 years of age or older
- Successfully completed high school or equivalent
- Successful completion of inhouse forklift certification within seven days of start date
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.