WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
Do you consider yourself a creative thinker? Maybe you love brands — or just like the idea of building something that people will talk about? At Momentum, we believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says. If you’re the type of person who wants to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things and create experiences that people will never forget, Momentum is the place to get started!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Plain and simple, Momentum creates experiences for brands that touch every single part of people’s lives. We integrate sponsorships, shopper, design, technology, promotions, digital, entertainment and more—creating the total brand experience for modern consumers. As an intern, you’ll get the opportunity to help create those connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy, and sales.
Welcome to an internship that goes beyond what you consider creative—the world of total brand experience.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
There’s no one type here. We want provocateurs. Big thinkers. Curious, unstoppable folks with bold personalities who are ready to dive into the work. We want people who are willing to sacrifice egos to be one with the team, fearless enough to fight for big ideas, and smart enough to take calculated risks. We want people who are passionate and looking to:
- Understand what it takes to work in a creative agency – the ins, outs, and surprises that come along the way
- Get real-life hands-on experience- contribute to providing solutions for our client’s business objectives
- Partner with a team to take on a project, uncover the primary business problem, and pitch a strategic solution
- Sharpen communication and presentation skills – there’s a ton of learning that happens, and opportunities for you to practice
- Ideate, innovate, and ask questions – we move at a fast pace, and want to make sure you are along for the ride
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
Upon joining, you’ll have a home team and department, but don’t fret - you’ll get a chance to connect with others to gain a full understanding of how we work. Below is a list of our departments for reference:
BUSINESS LEADERSHIP (Account Services): The Business Leadership department builds and maintains the relationships with the client and oversees the project from beginning to activation. Problem solving, proficient communication, and presentation skills are needed.
STRATEGY: The Strategy department identifies the thing that links the brand to their target in the most compelling and irresistible way. An ability to develop insights from large amounts of information, presentation skills, and PowerPoint proficiency are a must.
CREATIVE: The Creative department is responsible for coming up with the big idea to create ground-breaking, tech-forward activations for our clients. Art or writing backgrounds are required and brand experience is preferred.
EXPERIENCE DESIGN (XD): The Experience Design department creates a physical experience to bring brands to life at our immersive events. Adobe Suite, Cinema 4D, or SketchUp are essential and knowledge of drafting or Vector Works from architecture, scenic/environmental design, or interior design study are a plus.
EXPERIENTIAL PRODUCTION (XP): The Experiential Production department ensures all live event projects are as organized and creative as possible by providing budgets and schedules to turn our ideas into realities. Strong organizational and communication skills are needed.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- Currently enrolled Junior or Senior college students working towards a degree at an accredited college or university. Must show proof of enrollment.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in Canada without a visa or sponsorship
- Ability to work in a hybrid working environment (mix of home and office)
- Must be located within a commuting distance to the Toronto office
- Prior internship experience, preferably in a related field or in an agency setting
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Commitment of 35 hours a week
- Commitment to a 9 week internship term which runs early June – early August
- Demonstrate understanding of full scope of agency’s offerings
- Support Momentum’s values
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire, and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits, and all other privileges of employment.