Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for a Ph.D. candidate with knowledge of Natural Language Processing, for a remote, part-time consulting position
- Work with a team of applied scientists to help them qualitatively test new machine learning models outputs in your languages of expertise
- Provide linguistic expertise and direction for language-specific NLP
- Critical thinking and development of solutions for machine learning (ML) and/or natural language (NL) applications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with linguists, researchers, and developers
- Integrate, maintain, and test speech-enabled software applications
- Identify linguistic needs and gaps within project ontologies and NLP systems
- Anticipate language-based problems before they occur
- Identify opportunities to improve user experiences with NLP features
Requirements for the role:
- Ph.D. in Natural Language Processing.
- 5 combined years of academic and industrial research experience.
- Experience with Named Entity Recognition (NER)
- Experience with text classification, text clustering, topic modeling, and translation.
- Understanding of tag sets, and syntactic parsing
- Familiarity with Machine Learning tools, models for Natural Language Processing applications, experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.