An exciting, flexible opportunity in the heart of False Creek! Spruce Harbour Marina and The Greater Vancouver Floating Home Cooperative are hiring an Office Administrator to be the smiling face of the marina. The Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day administrative and financial affairs of the Co-op and Marina business. General duties will include:
- Customer service – respond to incoming phone calls and emails from members and recreational clients.
- AR - Monthly and annual invoicing, receiving payments, bank deposits, statements and collection reminders.
- AP – Receive, pay, and file all invoices, getting approvals and inputting to correlating accounts as required.
- directly manage recreational moorage client inquiries, day to day business.
- be responsible for the enforcement of rules and regulations with recreational clients
- sort and distribute mail, receive packages, complete office filing.
- purchase supplies and materials required for janitorial, maintenance and improvements of Co-op property as requested by the maintenance staff; and BOD.
- Make and post notices for Marina business and social functions as directed by the BOD.
The OA’s communication role will include answering phones during office hours, communications with public via email, mail, in person. OA must be prepared to become familiar with marina and its policies in order to answer general questions that come in, especially regarding recreational moorage + membership, and attend to them as required.
1. Proficiency with desktop PC and Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
2. Bookkeeping experience, proficiency with QuickBooks
3. At least 2 years of recent reception, administrative, or office management experience
4. Ability to multitask and work independently.
5. Strong people skills and telephone skills able to favourably represent the Co-Op to the outside world as well as interact with the members and moorage patrons on a daily basis. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
6. Strong time management and organizational skills, with a detail-oriented and accuracy focused personality.
Terms of Employment:
1. 25 hours per week, broken out over 4-5 days per week *this position is flexible and shifts will be set to accommodate the successful applicant’s other obligations
2. Compensation will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s skill level and experience
3. Three month probationary period
4. Medical and dental benefits plan available following probation period
5. This is a fixed term contract January 30, 2023 – October 31, 2024
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Part-time
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location