Who We Are:
Forward Thinking Psychological Services is a collaborative private practice whose associates have diverse backgrounds including psychology, social work, family therapy/couples therapy/parenting coach, psychotherapy and occupational therapy. We are currently a team of 23 associates and are continuously expanding. Our practice specializes in the treatment of OCD and anxiety disorders. We also see clients with a range of other presenting issues as well, including depression, relationship issues, emotional and behavioural problems.
We are a paperless office (OWL). Feel free to check us out at www.ftpsych.ca. We are looking for a highly motivated, friendly and reliable individual to join our team and help us with responding to clients and referral sources.
This job entails working closely with the director of the clinic, Dr. Marlene Taube-Schiff, to oversee practice-related administrative matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with tracking incoming clients and scheduling intake appointments
- Helping to track intake process from referral to disposition of each client
- Oversight of client files regarding administrative issues
- Supporting payment processes for the clinic
- Managing financial queries of clients
- Manage client outreach on an ongoing basis
- Support associates in practice with respect to administrative clinic policies and procedures
- Help to develop policy and procedures of the clinic and codify these into a policy and procedures manual
- Facilitate onboarding of all new hires
- Flexibility in supporting other practice-related administrative tasks and projects as they arise
- Conducting privacy assessments for the clinic in an annual or bi-annual manner
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in health care
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Collegial team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with handling confidential information is an asset
- Excellent time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsive to associate inquiries or client inquiries
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation applicable to healthcare settings and small business is an asset
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and tele therapy platforms is an asset
- Flexible and adaptable to change in work assignments and schedule
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
Salary: $24.00 per hour
The practice is currently providing virtual care. It is anticipated that in-person care will also be offered at some point. This role may remain virtual. However, team members at FTPS who will come onsite are required to be fully vaccinated as are clients.
- The clinic website must be reviewed and a cover letter must be submitted indicating what you are the best person for this role.
- Individual must reside within Ontario
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Health-care related administrative: 2 years (required)