Requisition ID: 159731
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Operations Representative will provide day-day processing coverage of a variety of high volume brokerage operational financial and non-financial transactions as well as ensuring integrity of client information and balances. Operational knowledge required in this role may include but is not limited to Client Onboarding, Account Management, Regulatory Documentation, Brokerage Transfers, Cash Management & Registered Products
The successful candidate will demonstrate thorough knowledge of compliant operational processes and procedures, in order to provide accurate information and solutions when responding to internal and external customer inquiries and issues. They will possess proficient telephone, email and written communications skills when corresponding with clients, iTRADE colleagues or internal/ external partners.
1. To ensure the efficient and effective handling of operational / administrative financial and non-financial transactions on behalf of iTRADE brokerage clients:
Ensure transaction requests are completed compliantly according to business policy with a high degree of competence within defined service levels
- Ensure customer and corporate records are accurately maintained and reconciled in order to minimize firm exposure or risk
- Ensure that client or firm risk is mitigated but reporting anomalies to the Team Manager or Manager.
- Exercise discretion and sound judgment when correcting errors
- Monitor client accounts to ensure that appropriate documentation changes have been made, and correction requests have been completed
- Process various customer and internal requests, transfers and / or conversions (which will vary in dollar amount and difficulty)
2. To ensure a superior level of customer experience and client experience:
Respond to inbound inquiries from the Call Centers in an informed, efficient manner, within established SLAs
- Efficiently resolve complaints and errors, using proper judgement to refer complex issues or escalations to your Team Manager or Manager.
- Liaise with various support partners such as Compliance or Wealth Operations when needed, to ensure client issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform financial corrections and adjustments in client accounts within authorized limits and/or defined approval criteria
3. To actively collaborate with internal staff and support departments to ensure that business needs are met:
Actively participate in a team learning through active cross-training, developmental and team performance activities including team meetings and coaching sessions
- Obtain and forward necessary documentation to customers and / or other departments to ensure transactions are completed efficiently and accurately
- Pro-actively investigate and follow up on inquiries or escalations and refer to Team Manager or Manager as necessary
- Collaborate with iTRADE Call Centers or other partners across the Bank to ensure client request are responded to effectively and efficiently.
- Provide reports and statistical information to management and / or other departments as required
4. To minimize potential risk and harm for the business:
Develop familiarity in areas including money laundering, anti-terrorist financing, privacy laws, compliance, legal requirements, Know Your Customer, etc
- Act quickly to alleviate errors such that firm exposure / risk is reduced
- Adhere to the Guidelines for Business Conduct and Privacy Code, demonstrating a full understanding of the legal implications of dealing with customer requests while all times maintaining the confidentiality of customer information
- Adhere to the policies and practices that regulate the firm / industry by escalating complaints and / or potential risk exposure to management; take appropriate measures to reduce and prevent reoccurrence of error / problem situations
Education/Work Experience/ Other Information
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practice handbook (CPH) an asset
- Prior knowledge of the securities / brokerage operations including areas such as Client Onboarding, Brokerage Transfers, Cash Management and Regulatory Documentation
- Prior knowledge of financial industry policies and regulations including AML, Privacy, KYC and CASL
- Strong organization, problem solving, customer service and communications skills
- Strong time management skills to ensure Service Levels are always maintained
- Ability to work with computer based platforms and applications
- Knowledge of AS400, Broadridge, SCORE, WebPost, OAM/ICON or STAR an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where volumes are directed by market activity, customer demands and seasonal peaks
- Ability to work with others under a self managed team structure showing concern and understanding for the needs of customers and staff
- Ability to set and achieve goals, with guidance and coaching from management
- Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive information
- Demonstrated PC user skills including word processing, MS Office, spreadsheets and database management
- Ability and desire to learn new tasks willingly
The incumbent will work independently within the boundaries of existing business policies and guidelines. He / she is expected to demonstrate a high level of competency by processing high volumes of financial or non-financial transactions, responding to internal and client inquires and working on adhoc projects as required.
- The incumbent will escalate complex issues / situations to their Team Manager or Manager as necessary. The incumbent does not have the authority to override policy without Manager approval.
- The incumbent must demonstrate strong communication skills so that he / she can effectively provide detailed information to various departments.
- The incumbent must exercise judgment in the prioritization of his / her workload. The incumbent must adhere to processing deadlines (within established SLA), such that customer satisfaction / processing efficiency levels are met, and maintained.
Open office environment with constant background noise
- High call volumes, with customers becoming very agitated as on-hold times rise
- Concentrated use of sight and hearing when reviewing documentation / reports / preparing various financial documents
- Flexibility of hours is a typical requirement for this position. (Beyond the traditional 9-5 workday, sometimes including evening / weekend work depending on business volume).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.