Reporting directly to the CEO, The Operations Executive needs to understand and practice the company’s mission, vision, and value (MVV) and supervises and oversees all Regional and Store Managers under the assigned provinces. The Operations Executive must ensure to delegate duties to all managerial levels working in the stores, ensure that the standards are being downloaded to the operational level and report to his/her direct supervisor on a routine basis. He/She needs to make sure that the Regional and Store Managers are operating in accordance with company standards, i.e., SOPs', Training manuals and other related Operational requirements. The purpose of the Operations Executive is to have the stores operate smoothly and understand the company’s direction and guide the team towards the same goal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Drive Sales and Profitability
· Fully responsible for the overall business performance of all Ontario and Quebec locations
· Drive company sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations standards and strategies, consistently across the provinces of Ontario and Quebec
· Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans
People Development, Retention of Top Talents and Team Building
· Motivate and inspire the team to achieve business results
· Ensure the overall People Plan reflects high standards, benchmark, and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
· Fully responsible for the staffing plan, province-wide execution and related training needs of the existing stores and new stores within the provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
· Ensure that company policies and regulations are implemented and enforced by all managers.
· Ensure that all managers are evaluated and promoted on a timely basis according to their strengths.
· Guide Regional and Store Managers on conducting periodic performance reviews on all stores’ staff and accomplishing such tasks on time, per company’s guidelines
· Maintains frequent and uninterrupted communication with his/her direct report. Understand and support the CEO and collaborate to ensure that daily operational guidelines of all locations are followed.
· Measures and provides solid and constructive opinion/suggestions on improving operational performances.
· Coach, supervise and discipline province al and store managers of all locations on procedures and provide ongoing feedback for improvement.
· Help develop policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals, including but not limited to excellence of customer service, facility cleanliness, and maintenance of daily practices.
· Ensure that marketing strategies are effectively and smoothly executed throughout the business operations.
· Ensure that all marketing promotions, materials, and tools are effectively utilized with no wastage.
· Execute and maintain all current and on-going Marketing promotions, materials, and tools
· Maintain and promote Quality, Customer Service and Cleanliness standards.
· Ensure that all stores are following food safety and sanitation regulations.
Management and Leadership
· Participate in weekly Management Meetings. It is your responsibility to attend every meeting, and your participation will be included in your performance rating. If you miss two consecutive meetings without notice or approval by your direct superior, some disciplinary action will be taken, up to demotion.
· Provide feedback and advice to all schedule makers.
· Ensure stores are properly staffed and all new staff are properly trained
· Collaborate with Certified Trainers on the training progress of every new trainee
· Read and understand the Financial Statement of the company monthly. Utilize the data to optimize the operation efficiency.
· Delegate and assist the right people to react quickly in store emergencies and to arrange crisis management when an incident occurs.
· Maintain an effective and open communication with the engineering team relating to stores’ repair and maintenance.
· Monitor and act upon customers’ requests, complaints, and inquiries; Be proactive to find a solution
· Manage, Advice and Control Inventory management on all stores monthly.
· Monitor, Inspect and Control all products are up to standards when receiving from the Distribution Centre.
· Monitor all monthly inventory count specifically end of every month.
· Provide feedback on the ingredients’ quality and quantity issues to Warehouse, always Merchandising and Purchasing Department.
· Control, Manage and Oversee food costs of all the assigned stores.
Management and Staff Scheduling
· Oversee the weekly province-wide staff scheduling
· Ensure that all stores always have strong staffing without compromising to a weak replacement when a store is short staffed for strong trainers/bartenders.
· Supervise and ensure stores staff properly within labour budget, balance workload per sales target and meet the customer service needs daily
· Responsible for any staffing issues daily with the team, and act on the solutions in a timely manner to prevent and minimize any potential operations bias
· Prevent and minimize any over-times and non-compliances per scheduling policies
· Perform a minimum of 100 hours of on-shift duties per month with the team in the assigned province, or per direct superior’s guidance
· Control, Manage and Oversee labour costs of assigned stores.
Food Safety, Planned Maintenance (PM), Safety and Security
· Fully responsible for ensuring all stores are compliant with all levels of food safety requirements as needed, especially the municipal standards.
· Fully responsible for any food safety-related issues or emergencies within the assigned province and take the ownership and the lead on resolving the issues as top priority.
· Ensure all food safety tools are in place and enforce refresher training.
· Ensure all stores perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly PM Duties to maintain a sparkling clean store environment and to prevent and minimize equipment downtime
· Hands-on coaching Store Managers and other direct reports on related PM duties as you go, or any staff in the provinces as needed, with timely follow-up
· Work as an example to always set a high cleanliness standard in the assigned provinces
· Ensure that the current cash handling procedures are being followed and that the cash deposit policies are executed per company’s guidelines
· Accountable for all safety & security issues raised in the assigned provinces, and take the lead on resolving the issues properly and promptly as the top priorities
· Ensure that all safety & security tools are in place and enforce refresher training when needed.
· Host Bi-weekly Management Meetings for the assigned provinces or per the direct supervisor's guidance
· Provide feedbacks to the back support team on the province ’s issues on 7 P’s, and recommend changes
Expectations of Successful Candidate
· Very solid, practical, hands-on and prefer and willing to work in the store with the frontline workers and get hands dirty.
· Fully understand the importance of company SOPs. Ability to comprehend and implement the expected standards to the operational level.
· More than 15+ years of national brand QSR work experience.
· Experience managing more than 500+ employees.
· Language proficiency in English, with strong oral and written English communication skills. Multilingual preferred.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) is sometimes required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $150,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay