Operations and Maintenance Contract Specialist
*The Opportunity: *
If you possess previous category management experience and have a passion for Contracts, we may have the ideal role for you! As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for the end-to-end contracting life cycle supporting the operational activities of Canadian Natural’s Oil Sands production. You will collaborate with the business areas to understand their requirements and obtain valuable buy in on contracting strategies that are commercially competitive.
We are looking to fill three positions, one for the Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation portfolio, one for the Rotating & Mining Equipment for the bitumen production portfolio and another one for Specialty Mechanical Services including torqueing, tensioning and hot tapping.
- Identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned portfolio in collaboration with the Business Area, with the aim of achieving consolidation of requirements and contracts across the organization to optimize spend
- Manage the end-to-end strategic sourcing & contract management life cycle from spend analysis to sourcing strategy to Request for Proposal (RFP) through to award and then post award contract management and close-out
- Negotiate and award agreements to contractors and/or suppliers to ensure services and materials are provided in the most cost effective and proficient manner possible
- Understand and manage different elements of risk within the agreements such as financial, operational and legal, ensuring that they follow Canadian Natural’s risk profile, and develop alternate sources of supply as needed
- Manage supplier performance & relationships effectively and collaboratively drive continuous improvement via relevant contract key metrics (example: safety, operations, cost, etc.)
- Lead quarterly business reviews with business stakeholders & suppliers
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5x2, Monday - Friday, 8hr/days
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s relocation policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of related experience within a heavy industrial setting (e.g. oil & gas, chemicals, mining) is highly desired, combined with a university degree or related post-secondary education
- Experience in managing operational agreements from multiple trade labour affiliations and/or OEMs, and utilizing internal and external data to create benchmarks and set targets with respect to the negotiation of new agreements, inclusive of defined price lists and rate sheets for goods, equipment & services
- Familiarity with and understanding of category management, spend analytics, contract formation and contract administration, and internal customer service
- Ability to develop effective negotiation strategies that achieve customer targets while also overseeing large and complex RFx processes as well as sole/single source negotiations
- Background in successful implementation of supplier KPI scorecards as part of a SRM process, with a proven track record of value creation
- Capability to understand and manage commercial risk, liability and legal terms and conditions
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Primary Location Calgary
Job Supply Management
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent