- Job Summary:
Leads the day-to-day operations of the business, and establishes and maintains performance and productivity metrics and cost management processes.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the company, and provide daily support to the director in ensuring quality and budget performance.
- Plan, monitor and control budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Work with the director to set and drive the organizational vision and mission, business strategy, and hiring needs.
- Strategically manage, organize, and coordinate employees from different departments and locations to ensure efficiency.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Market Manager.
- Develop and implement programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies and collaborating with management.
- B.A in Recycling or Engineering/Industrial Management or related fields
- At least 3 years experience in a position involving operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a supervisor or manager; experience implementing safety programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues required.
- Previous experience working in an Engineering facility or material waste diversion programs will be better.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the drive to learn new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay