Requisition ID: 163314
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Coordinator, Operations is responsible for performing their day-to-day functions effectively and efficiently within Distribution department which includes processing and coordinating electronic and physical deliveries of incoming mail, couriers, bulk deliveries and pickups as required. The Coordinator, Operations is a key point of contact and must possess excellent customer service skills and have detailed knowledge of the processes and procedures within the unit so that they can perform any of the functions and activities that are assigned by the Assistant manager due to workload fluctuations or vacation / absences. The incumbent is also responsible for the provision of human straightforward and knowledgeable service through daily interaction to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with internal / external partners.
- The Coordinator Operations champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Support Assistant Manager with delegation of assignments and tasks.
- Accountable for the day-to-day processing of incoming couriers and bulk deliveries via SendSuite and to coordinate deliveries accurately, efficiently and within the SLA timeframes.
- Ensure the timely processing of outgoing domestic and international mail and couriers as required.
- Coordinate the mail digitizing and documentation of processes as required.
- Ensure Scotiabank North’s front desk has appropriate coverage during business hours.
- Ensure key logs and applications are kept up to date.
- Update and provide monthly statistics and volumes.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his / her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML / ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML / ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Highschool Diploma.
- Excellent and proven customer service focus record.
- Knowledge / Experience of mailroom logistics.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft – Excel, Word, Teams.
The incumbent works in a production mailroom environment at 40 Temperance Street. The position can be physical with lifting of heavy objects / mailings etc. There can be stress resulting from tight deadlines and service obligations and requirements and changing role. Occasional overtime may be required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.