We are hiring an Operations Manager for our Milton Ontario Office. Here is your chance to become part of an amazing team and start a rewarding career.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- ·1 – 3 years of experience in Operations for trucking, logistics or similar environment
- Experience in a supervisory or management role, with a preference for experience in the transportation industry.
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to quickly learn trucking dispatch software
- Working knowledge of Load link and other Load boards
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience in Regional, Canada/USA Cross-Border brokerage will be considered an asset.
- Experience in providing guidance and assistance to logistics team
- Proven leadership and people/team development skills.
- Strong analytical skills and passed experience managing P&L.
- Efficiently Schedule, Plan and Dispatch Trucks & Drivers
- Accept load tenders, book delivery appointments and schedule shipments.
- Communicate with customers, shippers and receivers to coordinate order details, pickup times and delivery times
- Handle customer inquiries in a timely, professional manner.
- Recruit, train and develop dispatch, planning and tracking team
- Ensure dispatchers and drivers have the necessary resources to perform their job duties.
- Assist dispatchers and front-line supervisors in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Monitor service levels and KPI’s to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and carriers.
- Review department performance to improve equipment utilization, reduce operating expenses and increase profitability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Work Location: One location