About Symple Loans
Symple Loans was founded in Australia in 2017. After building a leading fintech business over the past several years, we have now expanded to Canada and are building out our team. At Symple, we are in the business of helping hard working individuals who deserve access to better, faster, and more affordable personal loan options. We strive to be the most respected provider of personal lending solutions globally and to grow our company through an unwavering commitment to our customers. Our leadership team is comprised of an accomplished group of financial services experts. We have built Symple Loans from the ground up, by drawing on years of local and global experience to help better meet the personal lending needs of Canadians.
The successful candidate will be joining a collaborative, high-performing team with leaders who have created a culture where autonomy and flexibility are highly valued. At Symple Loans we believe our mission and culture not only helps retain high performing people but also enables us to provide a great customer experience.
The Role you will play.
Reporting to the Head of Lending Operations, the successful candidate will be exposed to various teams, people, and functions across various part of the business. The responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and update company procedures that align with current operational guidelines and best practises and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify product and process improvement opportunities and lead the development of project plans and roadmaps to ensure exceptional experiences for all customers and stakeholders.
- Manage various projects related to technology and process enhancements while focusing on client experience and ensuring the design and development meets the business and user needs.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholder to perform user acceptance testing (‘UAT’) on all system and/or process enhancements.
- Perform data mappings, reverse engineering, documenting process flows, performing gap analysis and elicit requirements to support to-be end state.
- Managing daily workflow in line with company expectations (e.g., SLAs).
- Liaising with customers and third-party providers in relation to process related enquiries.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
The Experience & Skills we are looking for.
The candidate should possess the following:
- 4 – 6 years of experience in the operations or project management departments at a large financial institution.
- FinTech and/or startups experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of personal lending products
- Keen strategy/product interest and intellectual curiosity
- Values-oriented, data-driven decision-making style
- Ability to convey and explain information, coherently and confidently in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes and execute these in line with defined procedures.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Positive, patient, and highly motivated with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
At Symple Loans, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to ensure we will win in the Canadian marketplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5J 2S1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Financial services: 3 years (required)
- User acceptance testing: 2 years (preferred)
- consumer lending: 2 years (preferred)
- Project management: 2 years (preferred)