At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As part of the Toronto Raptors Organizational Culture team, you will have the unique opportunity to provide research assistance in the development of the Culture Department with the Toronto Raptors. Through this role, you will get first-hand experience in understanding cultural building initiatives within a professional sports environment.
MLSE’s Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 - September 1st, 2023
- Research trends in social justice and EDI based on the Raptors markets and communities to create analysis reports to provide to the Culture Department for project proposals
- Track social impact, engagement, and sentiment metrics on social media, and through traditional media outlets
- Create presentation decks and information slides
- Work with the Culture Department on ongoing projects by providing research and analysis support
- Present weekly research findings to the Organizational Culture Manger
- Manage and update the resource hub
- Support team with documenting and capturing weekly notes
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a University or College degree, diploma or certificate in a business, human resources, psychology, sports management, or related field
- Strong presentation building skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of attention to detail
- Must have work-from-home capabilities
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Previous research and analysis experience an asset
Apply by: February 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.