We are looking for a part-time virtual Chief Financial Officer to join our team at AAVAA. AAVAA is a deep technology start-up based in Montreal, developing a cutting-edge wearable device that detects and interprets brain and bio-signals. AAVAA's goal is to give people control of their auditory environment, enhance the sounds they want to hear, and suppress distracting noise. We are currently developing and expanding our operations, and are looking for someone to help support our growing team.
- Oversee the company's overall financial capital
- Create quarterly and year-end financial reports for internal and external use
- Perform financial transactions, payroll and benefit administration, timely reimbursements, etc.
- Managing annual audit and income tax activities, and managing sales tax/employment matters in both Canada and the U.S.
- Hold a CPA designation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as CFO of technology comapanies
- Knowledge/experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, tax, audit, human resources/payroll and corporate governance for a secretary role
- Experience with financial reporting for technology grants, SR&ED reporting, etc.
- Experience in contracting and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders such as customers, suppliers/distribution partners, and investors