Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Business is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach courses part-time starting January 2023 in the Business - Marketing , Business - Marketing – Accelerated and Strategic Marketing Communications programs.
We are currently looking for candidates who can teach during the college hours (day, evening and weekends) for in-person and/or remote delivery.
Part-time faculty must be available to teach three to six hours per week. Classes are typically scheduled within college hours of operation, Monday to Thursday between 8:00am and 10:00pm, and Fridays between 8:00am and 6:00pm. Teaching and college-related activities may be on-site or online via remote delivery as required. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Undergraduate Diploma/Degree in a marketing-related discipline required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Graphic Design experience and familiarity with Adobe Suite
- Minimum of three years of relevant industry experience
- Previous adult or post-secondary level technical teaching experience is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Strong leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills