Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
SickKids is embarking on an ambitious Mental Health Strategy https://www.sickkids.ca/en/care-services/mental-health/ to improve child and youth mental health services and outcomes for the diverse populations we serve. The enterprise-wide strategy leverages the strengths and assets of SickKids Hospital, the Centre for Brain and Mental Health, SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health and Learning Institute and the SickKids Research Institute. The SickKids Mental Health Strategy is looking for a Patient and Family Engagement Coordinator. Embedding patients and family perspectives in program design and implementation is a priority for the Mental Health Strategy. Aligning the strategy’s aims with patient and families’ insights and experiences offers the opportunity to drive initiatives that are meaningful to patients.
The Patient and Family Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Liaising with various working groups of the Mental Health Strategy, and stakeholders across the organization, including clinicians, scientists, research teams, senior leadership, to embed the perspectives of patients and families into program design
- Collaborate with patients, family caregivers, researchers, and other strategy stakeholders
- to identify opportunities for patient and family input,
- develop tools to support engagement,
- facilitate both ad hoc and ongoing engagement activities,
- establish and coordinate governance structures and processes,
- develop and deliver communications,
- preparing key performance indicators and reports for leadership
- Outstanding ability to interact with, engage, and build relationships with diverse stakeholders including patients, family caregivers, physicians, scientists, and researchers
- Experience and knowledge with youth engagement preferred
- Experience with facilitating engagement sessions and meetings
- Prior knowledge of mental health systems is an asset
- Possess 3-5 years of administrative, coordinator and/or project management experience
- Experience in the practice of patient and community engagement is desired
- Expertise in business writing including policy, standards, reports, and presentations
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Outstanding collaborative approach and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a patient and/or family Advisor within a healthcare organization is an asset
- Strong knowledge of concepts, values, and theory related to patient engagement in healthcare and/or research are an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Temporary, Part-time, 2 years, with modified benefits
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.