CCHS Facility: Cleveland Clinic Canada
Job Title: Patient Service Representative (PSR)
Reporting to: Operations Manager, Executive Health & Concierge Medicine
Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and occasional Saturday
ABOUT CLEVELAND CLINIC
As a global, academic medical centre, Cleveland Clinic has provided world class patient care to people from around the world since 1921. Our ongoing commitment to innovation and research has led to many incredible medical firsts including the first coronary artery bypass. These extraordinary credentials along with our passion for our patients have generated global recognition and demand for our model of care. Cleveland Clinic Canada, the Canadian location of the Cleveland Clinic, opened in 2006 and has two locations in downtown and midtown Toronto. Our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians provides a variety to help our patients’ age well and move better. To learn more visit www.clevelandclinic.ca.
Cleveland Clinic Canada is in search of a highly organized and motivated candidate with excellent people skills for the position of a Patient Service Representative (PSR). The PSR will provide support in times of short or extended absences throughout Cleveland Clinic and on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, and exude tremendous patience when dealing with clients; accommodating their every need with enthusiasm and poise.
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager the PSR will perform the following functions:
- Support the front desk operations, greeting and assisting clients with their needs and inquiries.
- Manage confidential, personal health information with clients while cultivating professional and positive relationships, and abiding by HIPAA privacy laws.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and insurance information.
- Coordinate the movement of clients with medical staff, streamlining the flow, ensuring that all parties are working together effectively to provide timely and quality care.
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Prepare, organize and store information in paper and digital formats.
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next-day patients and completing preparation activities.
- Assist with the development, improvement and evaluation of service lines as related to customer service and quality improvement.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of common areas.
- Complete service knowledge training to answer client questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate Manager.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Flow Coordination in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to increase the business's positive feedback.
- Excellent time management, organizational, conflict resolution, and listening skills
- Support and engage in positive work culture with shared core values of teamwork, empathy, integrity and inclusion.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Experience working with EPIC or other electronic medical record system is an asset.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
Required Length and Type of Experience
Minimum of two years customer service experience in hospitality/healthcare environment.
Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
Medical Office Administration or Hospitality & Tourism diploma advantageous.
CCHS ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientationincludes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirementsincludes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Medical Flow Coordination: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location