Are you highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work accurately in a busy environment with frequent interruptions? Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Take a look at this exciting opportunity.
As a valued member of our Home and Community Care team, you will provide support for the assigned Care Coordinator team in their daily activities to ensure that patients receive prompt, effective customer service.
What will you do?
- Provide administrative support services to Care Coordinators
- Process new referrals, and orders for services, supplies and equipment
- Process and assist in managing confidential patient records
- Enter, update and maintain a high volume of patient data in the electronic database
- Answer a high volume of telephone inquiries from patients, families and service providers, and refers callers as appropriate
- Provide back-up support to other positions, as required
- Diploma from an Ontario Secondary School which includes General Level Business and Commerce courses
- Medical terminology certificate preferred
- 2+ years’ related office experience
- Accurate keyboarding/data-entry skills
- Proficiency with database software, MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet performance and service goals
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and interact tactfully and sensitively with patients from wide-ranging cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What would give you an advantage?
- A college diploma in the health or social services field, and/or business or medical office administration
- Familiarity with medical terminology, and office administrative procedures/concept
- Knowledge of Home and Community Care Support Services
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly French
Who we are:
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, family physicians, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
What do I need to know?
Anticipated Start Date: March 20, 2023
How do I apply?
Please visit www.HealthCareAtHome.ca to submit your cover letter and updated resume.
By submitting an application, applicants are consenting to the sharing of their personal information with individuals from Home and Community Care Support Services Erie St. Clair who are participating in the selection process.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
Home and Community Care Support Services Erie St. Clair is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
As a condition of employment and in compliance with the Home and Community Care Support Services mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff are required to provide proof of vaccination with the following exceptions, in which case there would be a requirement to undergo regular COVID-19 rapid antigen screening tests:
- If there is a valid medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, documentation must be provided by a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and include the effective time-period for the medical reason
- If there is valid human rights grounds (e.g. religious beliefs), evidence must be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and deemed satisfactory to Home and Community Care Support Services