Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
We are looking for a Pension and Benefits Associate to join our team! Are you a dynamic, service-oriented individual who is eager to learn or expand on current skill sets within pension and benefits administration? Do you want to work for a World Class organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of children around the world? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity for you!
Here's What You'll Get To Do:
- Review all incoming benefits and pension related enrolment/change forms to ensure documents are completed properly and supporting documentation is provided and on file.
- Set up and maintain accurate benefits and pension enrolment/change information in PeopleSoft for new hires and current plan members. This may involve retroactive transactions, including calculation and manual adjustment of retroactive deductions.
- Prepare Statement of Health Questionnaire forms when required and email to plan members.
- Run daily/biweekly/monthly reports through the PeopleSoft benefits administration module, review reports for any anomalies, and make corrections in the system as necessary
- Perform timely benefits termination for individuals who are no longer with the organization.
- Work closely with internal HR Stakeholders acting as a liaison for employees, which includes investigating member specific data.
- Respond to inquiries from plan members and/or internal HR Stakeholders in a timely manner via email, phone and/or in person ensuring that responses are handled with sensitivity and tact.
- Process Leave of Absence Applications, ensuring compliance with eligibility and duration criteria.
- Prepare and distribute benefits and pension contribution invoices for individuals on leave and track payments on a monthly basis.
- Participate in projects as needed.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in HR.
- Knowledge and experience with administration of benefits programs.
- Experience working with HRMS systems (e.g. Oracle PeopleSoft), preferably within a large organization.
- Intermediate skills in using Microsoft Office application including Excel and Word.
- Professional designation of CEBS is considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform moderately complex calculations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to establish work priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and volume-heavy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
Employment Type: Full-time
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.