Positions Available: Multiple
Unionized Position: Yes
Hours of Work: 70 hours guaranteed bi-weekly (Must be willing to 8 hour shifts - 7-3 or 12-8, mornings, afternoons, evenings and rotational weekends)
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Hourly Rate: $20.51 - $20.76 per hour + applicable government wage enhancement
The Personal Support Worker provides community personal care, homemaking and related duties to community, supportive housing and transition unit clients.
- Providing personal care to clients in their homes or in a transition unit setting including assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, incontinence care, feeding, medication management etc.
- Performing light homemaking and other related duties in the clients’ homes
- Assisting clients with personal services such as shopping
- Reporting clients’ behavioural changes, physical and safety hazards, task changes or other sources of concern.
- Working towards or completed Personal Support Worker Diploma or certificate with relevant experience
- Proven experience working in a group living or long term care setting for one year or more
- Good written and verbal language skills in English
- Knowledge and experience working with seniors, frail elderly, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, and/or disabled individuals
- Open availability
- Qualify for a Vulnerable Population Police Record Check
- CPR/ First Aid Certification and second language is an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a car, an asset
- Interacts with client, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B and C viruses.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Reconnect, all new hires must have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date and will be required to show proof. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon Reconnect' s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking "Apply Now".
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.51-$20.76 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Staff will be provided with all required PPE
- Are you seeking full-time employment? Please note that part-time employment is not available. (Answer required)
- Employees will be assigned to visit clients in the community within the following boundaries: Spadina to the east, Lakeshore to the south, Humber River to the west and the 401 to the north.
Are you willing to travel to various locations as assigned within the boundaries stated? (Answer required)
- This position requires candidates to have the availability to be scheduled at anytime between 7 am to 8 pm Monday to Sunday. Please note that scheduling according to preferred days and times of the week is not available for this position. Are you able to meet this scheduling requirement and can confirm you have open availability? (Answer required)
- Group living or long term care setting: 1 year (required)
- Completed Personal Support Worker Diploma or Certificate (required)