PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
1 YEAR PILOT PROJECT FOR VACATION COVERAGE with potential to become a permanent position
GUARANTEED A MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS PER WEEK AND CAN PICK UP ADDITIONAL HOURS
COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM (F031)
LOCATION: CENTRAL TORONTO
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $20 - $22 per hour plus $3/hr wage premium for eligible hours worked| Paid 30 minutes travel allowance |Group Benefits
- Opportunity to pick up additional hours in a supportive, inclusive & respectful environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Pension Plan
- FREE PPE to keep you safe
- FREE Professional Development & Training to grow your skills
- Employee Recognition – Employee Service Recognition Program and more!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provides personal support services (i.e., activities of daily living, lifts/transfers, bowel/bladder routines, dressing/undressing, skin care, respiration, meals/drinks, general hygiene) to clients in their homes.
- Be part of the SEIU union
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A passion for providing exceptional personal support services to male/female clients
- Ability to lift and transfer clients
- Manages time in co-operation with clients to complete tasks
- Ability to accept direction from client's regarding services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and judgment skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 computer skills (Outlook, Word)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- POSITION IS BASED OUT OF CENTRAL TORONTO - but you can be redeployed to work in other locations of the GTA if your specific location is cancelled and needs covered
- As part of this pilot project the successful applicant will be covering staff vacations
- At the beginning of the month you will receive your schedule for the entire month
- You can pick up additional hours on top of YOUR GUARANTEED 30 HOURS A WEEK
- This position also comes with GROUP BENEFITS - including health, dental, paramedical (massage, chiropractor, etc), life insurance, etc...the full package
PLEASE NOTE - THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- Applicants must be have a lot of flexibility (Ideally from 7 am to 9 pm).
- Applicants must have availability 5-6 days a week, One of those days to include a weekend.
- You must have access to a car and drive to bookings.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time). This also includes a PSW Program from an Adult and Continuing Education School Board.
- 6 Months PSW experience gained in the physical disabilities sector
- Proof of COVID vaccination, First Aid and CPR certificate
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Person)
- Ability to travel between client appointments and willingness to work in the community
If you thrive in an independent work environment and are interested in
"Making a Difference" in our client's lives - then this role is for you!
To learn more about PACE Independent Living check us out at www.pace-il.ca
PACE is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.