We are currently hiring Personal Support Workers (PSWs) in Scarborough, On.
At Spectrum Health Care our mission is re-imagining home care for clients and families to provide products and services they need, whenever care is required, delivered by the most qualified and compassionate staff.
By joining Spectrum Health Care you will be part of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies and a committed member of a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals.
Why You Should Join Spectrum Health Care:
- Compensation – Travel allowance, competitive wage (plus the $3.00 Ontario provincial enhanced PSW pay)
- Guaranteed Hours Program - Guaranteed part time and full time hours available
- Wellness - Benefits including Health and Dental coverage, Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development – Professional development & training, lunch & learn sessions
- Preparation for the Future – Retirement savings plan
- Employee Recognition – Employee service recognition program and more!
Personal Support Workers play a pivotal role in our health care system. At Spectrum Health Care, they work closely with our patients and their families, providing personal care and support with activities of daily living. The care provided by Personal Support Workers ensures patients can recover safely from an acute illness or remain in their homes throughout the aging process.
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, skincare, light meal preparation, feeding etc) in personal residences or facilities
- Continually assesses, anticipates, identifies, and responds to new and changing needs of patients and communicates available Total Care resources to patients when appropriate
- Perform delegated and/or assigned tasks under the supervision of a Home Support Supervisor
- Staff are required to travel within assigned region between patients’ residences or facilities
Have one of the following qualifications (required):
- Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities or the Ministry of Education approved program
- RN/RPN Student who with a minimum successful completion of year one of the program
- Internationally licensed Nurse, Midwife or Physician.
- Physical ability to meet the demands of the job (ex: ability to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely for extended periods, ability to lift 23 kg independently, ability to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition clients in bed)
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
- Updated immunization record including TB Test (last 6 months)
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills (Additional language skills considered an asset)
Spectrum Health Care is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This award recognizes top companies across Canada for overall performance, sustained growth, strategy, capabilities and innovation, culture and commitment, and leadership. Click here to learn more about this esteemed honour.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at ([email protected]) for assistance.