Care Group of Pharmacies currently has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our team at our Urban Care Pharmacy!
Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant is an asset, However, not required and training will be provided! The candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the company based on performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service skills are required, greet customers promptly and gather prescriptions to be handed out
- Answer telephone, ensuring that appropriate telephone etiquette is used at all times and handling customer inquiries
- Filling and packaging of blister packs
- Enter repeat prescription orders
- Manage incoming faxes
- Data entry for new prescriptions
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacist direction, and adhere to all legal requirements, including provincial and federal regulations and bi-laws
- Attentive to details.
- Confidentiality and privacy required at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public at large, potentially overcome language barriers while demonstrating genuine care and concern.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, bending and walking.
- Repetitive work.
- Weekend, and Overtime.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Care Group of Pharmacies practices equal opportunity, and fair hiring processes when filling positions, and hires only the most qualified individuals to ensure the success of our business. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location