Responsible for carrying out functions of a technical and clerical nature pertaining to drug distribution, inventory control, intravenous admixture preparation and other components of pharmacy practice as outlined by National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) and / or the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) for pharmacy technicians, and when appropriate under the direction of a Pharmacist.
- Enrolled or completed in an accredited Community College Pharmacy Technician diploma. program. Alternatively, a graduate from an accredited College Pharmacy Assistant program.
- Knowledge of NAPRA /Aseptic technique.
- Proof of continuing education participation.
- Hospital Pharmacy experience desirable.
- Ability to perform technical and clerical functions related to drug distribution, bar code technology, inventory control, and IV admixture preparation under the direction of a Pharmacist.
- I.V. additive experience and dispensing skills within the unit dose distribution system.
- Computer skills required ie knowledge of dispensing software systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Ability to lift light to moderate loads.
- Must be bondable.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.