The Position: We're looking for a high energy, experienced piano and/or voice teacher for 2-3 days a week (approximately 10-15 hours weekly) with hours expanding in Fall 2023.
Crescendo Music Studios is a family-owned business based in Sherwood Park, AB that has grown over the past 18 years from a small home studio into a large, reputable music school in Sherwood Park, AB with over 800 students. We are known for quality music education, thorough teaching, and have a proven track record of valuing both our customers and our employees!
- We believe in providing a nurturing and rewarding environment for our students. We have a passion for encouraging our students to be lifelong learners and explorers of music.
- We offer our employees a supportive and friendly workplace, competitive wages, and a quality base of students. We also provide job training, workshops, and comprehensive resources for our team.
- You can learn more about us at https://crescendomusicstudios.ca/
Approximately 10-15 hours per week: Please note this is primarily a Sept-June position with reduced hours in summer.
2 or 3 days
- Monday 4pm-9pm
- Wednesday 4pm-9pm
- Thursday 4pm-9pm
- Friday 4pm-8pm
- Saturday 10am-3pm
The suitable candidate must have at least one of the following:
- A music degree or equivalent experience in piano and/or voice
- A minimum Grade 9 RCM standing with Grade 2 Rudiments (or professional equivalent) in piano.
The candidate must also:
- Have a clean Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Previous teaching experience with a variety of ages
- Have knowledge and application of standard teaching methods
- Have a positive attitude and desire for lifelong learning
- Teach to an excellent standard to students of all ages; we will support this endeavour by providing you with a variety of workshops, training, materials, and resources.
- Maintain a professional attitude and dress at all times.
- Create an engaging, creative and holistic learning environment for all students.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 guidelines of sanitation and distancing protocols.
Please provide a cover letter and resume specifically listing how you meet the job requirements and why you would enjoy working at Crescendo Music Studios. You can apply through this ad, or drop off in person at #140 849 Premier Way Sherwood Park. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-15 per week
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Extensive sanitization, masks recommended in common areas, PPE such as cleaning supplies, hand sanitize rare provided. Barriers in each studio and in the front.
- music: 6 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-01-13