This position is at NIH Comox Valley and NIH Campbell River
Will work with tools of the trade. Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair boilers, HVAC equipment/systems, electrical equipment/systems, plumbing equipment/systems and refrigeration equipment/systems (specifically heat pumps and split systems) to achieve the most economical and efficient results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within design capabilities and achieving proper environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Maintain the efficient operation of the facility equipment and systems.
- Perform requisite daily communication with Supervisor and Building Personnel on matters relating to the services performed.
- Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment and systems.
- Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules for critical systems and equipment.
- Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide Supervisor with a list of deficiency items and recommendations for improvement.
- Escort and observe subcontracted jobs to outside concerns for building services that have been outsourced by client.
- Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility equipment and systems.
- In conjunction with client, establish a program for the acquisition, storage and accountability of all operating materials, tools and equipment.
- Establish performance standards for each phase of work, adhering to standard practices and quality levels.
- Carry out C&W Services policies and procedures concerning safety, administrative requirements, standards, practices and work methods.
- Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual limitations.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to days and nights as well as weekends. There is a shift schedule in place that will be followed.
- Two years of experience working within a general building maintenance in a lead role; experience working in a Hospital facility will be considered a strong asset.
- Current knowledge of best practices of professional preventative and predictive maintenance practices, methods and equipment
- Experience and familiarity with WHMIS, Provincial Safety statutes and basic applicable building codes, regulations
- Comfortable with the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Building Automation System (BAS) and Microsoft Office 2013 applications.
- Client relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate.
- This position requires a valid TSBC ticket of Fourth Class or higher.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $33.55 per hour
- Extended health care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Courtenay, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Building Maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
- TSBC Power Engineering ticket of Fourth Class or higher (required)