Robertson is the School of New Work. Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Our mission is to empower our learners with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights so that they may find fulfilling and meaningful careers.
Having a deep understanding of the demands of the modern workforce is integral to what we offer our learners. That is why internally, we place such value on building a work culture that is flexible and adaptive to the changing world of work. Our 4 day work week gives our team members a #MeDay each week to invest in themselves. We also seek out diversity in our team. We #CelebrateEverything and encourage team members to take paid time off to celebrate their cultural, religious, and spiritual holidays. Our team is intentionally talent-dense - our strength lies in the differences in backgrounds and expertise that we each bring to the table.
Ours is a fast-paced environment where we continually challenge ourselves to think outside of the box. We want our team to feel welcomed, energized, and engaged while having fun. If this sounds like the right fit for you - we invite you to come join us!
As a Practicum Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting students to secure meaningful practicum placement experiences at the College. Reporting to the Vice-President, Product and Operations, the Practicum Coordinator combines strategic thinking and strong execution skills to oversee the practicum placement and procurement process.
- Coaching and providing guidance to students to ensure they are equipped with the skills and information required to conduct themselves professionally during their practicum placement.
- Maintaining clear communication and engagement with practicum sites; building strong relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Arranging practicum placements, processing time sheets/evaluations, and providing support for both the student and host site during a placement.
- Other departmental duties as required (such as reporting, student success initiatives, etc).
- Establishes and maintains relationships and partnerships with a wide range of practicum placement hosts in public and private sectors.
- Researches and recommends appropriate agencies/organizations that would meet the educational requirements to host practicum for Robertson College students.
- Delivers a 100% practicum placement rate.
- Provides guidance to students during the search for suitable practicum placements including strategies to secure such placements.
- Researches program-related sectors and industry trends on an on-going basis to help identify and grow the opportunities available for practicum placements.
- Provides regular statistical reports of day-to-day activities and outcomes.
College, Division, and Program Activities
- Attends faculty/staff meetings and training sessions.
- Participates proactively in performance appraisals.
- Supports active interdepartmental cooperation with other operational teams.
- Contributes to and promotes a safe, respectful, and inclusive work environment.
- Performs other duties/participates in special projects as assigned.
- Genuine interest in serving as a mentor/guide and advocate for our students to graduate from their college programs.
- 1-2 years of work experience within a business and/or post-secondary education setting; a general or specific understanding of careers within healthcare, community service, business and technology is an asset.
- Entry-level experience in employment readiness coaching (recruitment/hiring process, employment search, interview preparation, resume/cover letters) and an eager willingness to develop these skills through team training opportunities
- Passion and ability to promote Robertson students to potential practicum hosts and employer partners.
- Knowledgeable about the Canadian labour market (our students reside in various locations throughout the country).
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
- An understanding of the needs of a diverse student population and how to interact effectively with a multicultural student body.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate tasks in order to meet end results in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and customer services skills and ability to build and
maintain effective working relationships with students and team members.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; objective-oriented with a high-level attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer and digital literacy skills.
- A clear Criminal Record Check.
Don’t feel like you meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply anyways! Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. Education Canada Group (the parent company of Robertson College) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our inclusive work environment and encourage people from all walks of life to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels seen, heard and valued. We embrace our team's differences and know that diversity in our team is the strength that drives our success. We want you to feel welcomed, energized, challenged, and engaged while having fun. Come and grow with us! If you would like to request reasonable accommodations please contact us. If you are someone who loves the highs and lows of doing meaningful work with like-minded team members, we’d like you to hear from you!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $43,000.00-$55,729.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Roberson College - ECG is committed to the safety of their staff and learners.
We offer a remote interview process, virtual meetings, a hybrid work environment (for some roles) and comply with all provincial legislation and public safety by-laws.
Application deadline: 2022-09-28