Process Safety EIT- (2212014)
Canadian Natural has an exciting opportunity for a Process Safety Engineer graduate to join our Calgary team. In this position, you will direct and coordinate the full risk control effort including process safety engineering, risk management and loss prevention activities. The principal area of focus is on engineered safety and thus, the assessment of technical process and engineering risks to protect against losses. The successful candidate will interface closely with multi-disciplinary engineers, project teams and operational representatives.
- Provide support to engineering and operating teams in process safety and fire protection
- Support and lead activities to:
- identify hazards, assess consequences and frequency and identify Process Safety risks
- Conduct Operational Risk Assessments
- Identify Safety Critical Equipment and Safety Critical Human barriers
- Conduct Physical Effects modelling in support of incident classification for Process Safety events
- Lead initiatives to analyze and report performance for Process Safety Events
- Participate and lead process hazard analysis, such as HAZOP’s
- Support with hazard identification and mitigation of operational process risks to achieve risks as low as reasonably practicable
- Participate and lead Root Cause Analysis investigations on process safety events
- Support the risk assessment and mitigation activities for the Process Safety hazards and risks associated with the Management of Change process
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5x2, Monday to Friday, 8hr/day
- This position will require travel to processing plants of up to 30%.
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree with 1 - 4 years in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Experience in the gas industry in an engineering design and/or operations capacity
- Registration or eligibility to register with APEGA is preferred
- Demonstrated effective communications skills
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is October 16, 2022. Apply now!