Tonic Blooms is on a mission to bring the joy back to sending flowers across Canada. We’re an on-demand service delivering petal-packed perfection on your schedule! We focus all our energy to ensure that our customers and their lucky recipients are delighted from the moment they land on the website until they get that coveted "thank you!" phone call. We're here to assist in making someone's day, every step of the way. Happiness guaranteed!
Tonic Blooms is being built by a dynamic, young team. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to be creative while working in a fast-paced and very fun environment and learn the ins and outs of the flower industry. Plus, you'll be surrounded by beautiful flowers all day long while making peoples’ days!
What a Tonic Blooms teammate is all about:
- Punctual and responsible as we offer a time-sensitive service
- Willing and able to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment with composure
- A self-starter, taking initiative, giving and open to feedback
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves to creatively work through problems
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Quick on your feet with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- We hustle hard and stay focused to get the job done. No one is “above” any job.
- Available and willing to work on evenings, weekends and holidays when required. We are all hands on deck for the holidays.
- Work with Processing and Fulfillment Supervisor to ensure that all flowers are properly received and stored as they make their way to the design team
- Assist in processing flowers
- Be an expert on our products to communicate effectively with Team Lead and teammates
- Must be professional, organized, efficient and punctual to effectively set up and support the teams’ needs
- Creative in finding ways to adapt to an ever-rotating inventory ie: condensing, making space and grouping inventory and product
- Ensure studio and fridges are neat, tidy and sanitized
- Have a do-er attitude with go-go-go energy and keep composed under pressure as we receive large deliveries and move quickly
- Possess high attention to detail as you are responsible for contributing to quality checking products and reporting damages to the Processing and Receiving Supervisor.
- Communicating with all designers and others; being available and ready to help out.
- Lift at least 40 pounds and be physically able to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time
- Receive, clean and prep flowers and foliage for bouquets
- Prepare vases for vase arrangements
- Assemble Tonic Blooms boxes for bouquets
- Assist fulfillment team with packaging, boxing and shipping out our daily orders.
- Assist design team with making bouquets when needed
Below is a list of duties and environmental scenarios representative of those to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent lifting of buckets and boxes that weigh up to 40 lbs, standing for extended periods of time and constantly working with your hands. You will get a little dirty and love every minute of it!
- Use of sharp tools such as knives and cutters
- We operate in a warehouse environment that functions similarly to a manufacturing facility
- Expect an open space that can be cold (temperatures from our cooler of 3-6 degrees), dirty and filled with flowers!
- Appropriate attire will be expected for this environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Full Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory. Mask to be worn inside the studio at all times.
- floral clerk: 1 year (preferred)