We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You'll Be Doing
CIBC Client Account Management (CAM) Recovery Operations group leverages the external expertise of over sixty third party relationships and networks to liquidate CIBC's non-performing non-accrual (NPNA) portfolios and debts written off (DWO). Recovery Operations group uses an industry-leading market share assignment and management process when dealing with its business partners. Join our Contact Centre team as a Processor in Collections and make a real difference for our clients. The Processor is responsible for financial and non financial processing related to National Collection accounts, including specialized functions requiring some authority and independent judgment, as related to routine and detailed work procedures. The individual in this role verifies all incoming and outgoing transactions to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting and finance principles and controls, as well as investigate transactions to formulate an appropriate response to a problem. Fast-paced environment with a back end processing component. Predominantly computer oriented, requiring the use of diverse bank system software to complete required tasks and accountabilities.
CIBC is transitioning to an Agent @ Home model, for this role you may be required to work from home at some point in this process. The expectation and details will be confirmed if you moved through the recruitment process. Even though this role may be a remote position - the expectation is that you must be able to attend your primary CIBC location within two hours upon request (e.g. technology/service outages, Business Contingency Planning, team meetings, celebration, events, etc.).
- Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
We want to hear from you if:
- You must be willing and able to participate in the CIBC Agent @ Home program
- You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You are ambitious and you love to learn.
- You are motivated to make a difference.
- You love to surround yourself with people who challenge you.
- You listen and learn from the diverse experience of others.
- You bring your whole self to work.
Agent @ Home Program Requirements
- Ability to work independently as an Agent @ Home with a secure workspace, in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions.
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rate (Internet connection can be connected to modem through hard cable (not wireless) with a minimum download speed of 15 mbps and upload speed of 10 mbps)
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You’re driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You engage with your heart and mind. You care about people and you understand different perspectives. You listen and learn from the experience of others.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Service - You are a strong communicator, and effective negotiator. You can gather, process, and provide detailed and factual information, most of which must be verified, summarized or condensed. This information may be of a technical nature and would have some risk exposure. Provide Specialized Clerical information, assistance, and/or technical service directly to internal/external customers or in support of client management.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills – Contact internal/external customers to discuss problems and or obtain additional information and to provide resolution for the problem.
- Subject Matter Expert - You have general knowledge of CIBC Retail Products such as CLASS products, Dealer Plans, Visa, Amicus products etc., and systems such as COINS/COLTS, etc. Knowledge of COMMCORP, TS2, ICBS, TARGET, Debt Recovery Network (DRN), Delinquency Recovery System (DRS) would be an asset. Intermediate knowledge of provincial and federal legislation i.e. Bank Lending, Collection Act, Consumer Protection Act, Bankruptcy Law, Legal Process, and Bank's general ledger system would be an asset.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job LocationToronto-750 Law Ave. W., E4
SkillsCommunication, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Problem Solving, Teamwork