Located in Whitby, Ontario, we’re a well-known brand (Labels, Cards & Crafting items, Binders, Index Dividers, Sheet Protectors, Hi-Liters & Markers) selling both Consumer Packaged goods & Direct-to-Consumer custom printing with the need for superior personnel to help bring their expertise to our growing organization. With a customer-centric focus, we’re dedicated to providing exceptional products and service from our Manufacturing & Distribution facility.
At Avery Canada, it’s important to us that our customers, consumers andour employees are happy. We strive to provide a great company culture with departmental and company-wide team events, paid holidays (including your birthday off), education assistance plan, annual fitness credit and a bonus program that rewards our collective success. Of course we offer a competitive health and dental plan, a pension plan (with matching) and both long and short term disability programs. We have a busy but fun work space, approachable management and an overall friendly work environment.
We’re a two minute walk to the Lake Ontario waterfront park in Whitby with grassy places, walking paths, a picturesque pier, picnic tables and even a food truck! Bottom line, we think you’ll like it here – we have some 40+ year tenured employees!
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned brand / product manager with a track record of successful product launches, and an understanding of solid category management practices. We expect you to be experienced in cost analysis, pricing and general product development, while also able to bring fresh ideas to our brand’s image. A career history that includes working collaboratively across departments and a portfolio that portrays a balance of flair and analytics will help put your resumé to the top of the heap. If you’re an experienced Marketer and passionate about creative ways to grow a business, we want to meet you!
In general, this role will be accountable for business reviews and developing strategies and marketing plans in close collaboration with senior management, sales, supply chain, and other functional areas. This person will own execution of agreed upon strategies and programs. This may include: new product development, product line extensions, product refinement, new distribution, cost reductions, concept development, market research, pricing, competitive and category analysis. This person will also be instrumental in identifying and developing the marketing elements to support these programs such as packaging, merchandising, consumer promotions, etc.
Education, Skills and Competencies Required:
· College Certificate/Diploma in Marketing/Business, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 3-5 years related work experience, preferably in a classic marketing environment such as a consumer packaged goods
· Broad perspective of business and operations preferably in a large corporate environment
· Experience developing and launching new products and product improvements
· Strong project management skills and ability to pull resources together to lead a project to completion
· Experience and demonstrated results developing, executing and evaluating promotional programs
· Excellent strategic thinker with action and results-orientation
· Experience in all aspects of Marketing (generalist rather than specialist)
· Demonstrated success in the development and execution of marketing plans for a consumer brand
· Demonstrated talent in both analytical and creative arenas
· Demonstrated creativity in packaging and developing collateral materials in store displays
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and integrate cross-functionally
· Solid oral and written skills, able to effectively communicate and influence
· Able to effectively organize, plan and manage multiple projects
· High levels of motivation, initiative, and energy
· Ability to use analytical thinking to assess data and develop information
· Passion for safety, quality and customer service
· Computer Skills: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
· Day-to-day management of the assigned Portfolio
· Champion new product launches from market size assessment and profitability down to pricing and specific SKU recommendations
· Manage execution and financial impact of marketing programs, control related expenditures within approved budget, and leverage product and profitability analysis for decision making
· Coordinate and execute all phases of business plan with involved company departments and outside agencies
· Develop and manage relationships with outside agencies, product development, research, finance, supply chain, and sales. Present and represent Avery at meetings and with customers
· Monitor competitive, market and consumer trends, develop insights and assess potential impacts to formulate product line strategies and help form business strategies for product, positioning, packaging, promotion, and pricing
· Develop and manage execution of marketing programs
· Liaison with other functional groups to address consumer and customer issues
· Lead development then execute and manage marketing programs, consumer learning, and market research
· Control all consumer related expenditures within approved budget
· Manage product and profitability analysis for decision making
· Create presentations for both external and internal customers
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
· Provide support to sales on RFP’s for new and existing business
· Populate item product information systems to support maintaining, adding and discontinuing products
· Coordinate with supply chain on launches, product specification changes and product exit plans
· Adhere to safe work practices, instructions and rules and perform work duties in a manner that ensures the health and safety of all employees
Avery Products (Canada), a division of CCL Industries, Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate this during the application process so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Covid-19 protocols and vaccination policy are in place.
- classic marketing in CPG: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Whitby, ON