Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. At the heart of it is our promise to inspire and enable all people to thrive in the world outside. To Live in the Open. At Canada Goose, you’re part of a movement that belongs to something bigger. One that seeks out the restorative power of nature and is driven by a purpose to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm. We endure any condition, observe every detail, and are building a community that believes in living bravely and coming together to support game-changing people.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Production Coordinator main responsibility is to ensure the plant doesn’t run out of work and Production Orders are delivered complete and on time. Accurate and timely report preparation, comprehensive record keeping and smooth flow of work within or between departments. This role is aligned with Raw Materials, Production Planning, and Inventory Control and requires attention to details, high degree of accuracy and data integrity. Concise monitoring and advisement of production status are considered essential.
- Communicate daily with the Senior Production Manager, Supervisors, Industrial Engineers, and other internal departments to address and resolve any issues from pre-production up to post shipments.
- Closely follow up the WIP status to ensure on-time delivery MPO.
- Receive Finished Goods into D365, help resolve issues if needed.
- Coordinate with Replenishment Planning, Logistics, Inventory Control and QA for MPOs that can’t be “started” due to missing material or back orders.
- Follow up and coordinate the availability of materials with Replenishment Planning and/or Logistics. Follow up on back orders.
- Coordinate with CGS2/ logistics the preparation, picking and issuance of Raw Materials.
- Collaborate with Production Analyst for a successful and accurate Inventory Sweep.
- Updates Production Schedule daily using leadtec, D365 data.
- Attend weekly Production Status Meeting to discuss status of each MPO. Inform Planning Team of any issues that will affect MPO delivery dates.
- Coordinate with Cutting Supervisor/ Coordinator for any cut goods, re-cuts, or fabric required for the plant to continue with our daily production without any interruptions.
- Coordinate with RM and procurement down requirements and help with inventory sweeps.
- Issues Raw Materials requests for additional requirements due to changes in BOMs, shortages, or any other cause such as missing, defective, or damaged during production.
- Issues Raw Materials request, check manuals and materials availability for Pre-production Samples requirements.
- Help and respond on finished goods and packing issues.
- Coordinate with finances for cost roll up issues.
- Coordinate with Central Storage issuance of materials, inventory, WIP, Raw materials and shortages.
- Other departmental tasks as required.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- At least 1 year of experience in Production Planning and Control or Inventory Control.
- Relevant education related to manufacturing is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent MS Office skills
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics D365
- Excellent written and verbal English skills (other languages an asset)
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to multitask
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges
- Excellent common sense, decision making abilities, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to evaluate options and generate solutions
- Confident, articulate, organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, and self motivated.
- Office and manufacturing environment