What are we about?
At Salit Steel we believe that people are our most valuable asset and that everyone on our team plays a unique role in contributing to our overall success. We are always looking for diverse and talented people who are interested in joining the Salit Steel family.
We are an integrated network of companies and partners that delivers steel solutions in North America. Now in our fifth generation, we have been family-owned and operated since 1905. We consider our customers, industry partners, and employees all to be a part of the Salit Steel family.
As a dynamic organization, we continue to evolve into new markets and develop products to better serve our customers, and we always stay true to the strong set of values that are the foundation of our business. We are passionate about delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships. In addition, we are committed to finding new ways of doing things that are better, faster and more cost-effective to provide our customers with efficiencies, new products and the best experience possible.
Headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario, we have operations across Ontario, as well as in Quebec, Western Canada and the US. No matter what our customers need, we either stock it or we will source it. We make sure our customers have exactly what they need, where they need it, when they need it. We operate steel service centres and provide reinforcing products including stock and fabricated rebar; as well as offering specialty products including assembled rebar, stainless steel rebar and mechanical tube.
Why join us?
- A values-driven, team-oriented environment – we are like a family
- Competitive salary and benefits with RRSP matching
- A fun place to work!
Do you have what it takes?
The Project Administrator is the primary point-person responsible for processing rebar work orders in accordance with customer’s requests.
- Receive Order Requests from customers and Project Managers
- Download files from Detailer’s websites and network locations
- Open files and generate AsA compatible production files
- Import production files into AsA software
- Create Work Orders in accordance with customer and Project Manager’s requests
- Transmit the Work Orders to the Central Scheduling Department
- Attend job site meetings as required for the project
- The above functions to be prepared on multiple projects
- Produce monthly project status reports for review
- Customer Service Focused
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Face-paced environment
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Oriented
- Team Player
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Admin, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Computer savvy to pick up additional software as required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salit Steel supports and will do its best to accommodate Employees with disabilities, to the point of undue hardship for the Company. Upon request, job accommodations will take into account the Employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability.
We appreciate your enthusiasm for Salit Steel and thank you for applying. Only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project planning: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location