Partna is a co-investment and collaborative model designed to keep families together and address the issue of racialized people being displaced from their neighbourhoods. This is achieved by:
Removing barriers by providing financial tools and assistance to racialized homeowners to develop laneway housing, storey addition, adjacent and assembly scale housing development
Building a community of support to encourage racialized homeowners to participate in affordable housing development
Building the economic leadership of racialized people in the planning and constructing of new housing supply
Cheryll Case | Co-Founder, Planning Director
Cheryll Case is an affordable housing policy innovator. Her innovations include founding CP Planningin 2017 and securing $5 million since then for this non-profit to operate and provide human rights-oriented community planning services across southern Ontario. It’s services include the design and implementation of inclusive planning processes that advance the establishment of policies, programs, and partnerships.
In 2020, Cheryll began collaborating with Jason Allen John to found Partna. Partna serves to realize CP Planning’s vision for more inclusive neighbourhoods.
Jason Allen John | Co-Founder, Finance Director
Jason is a mortgage broker with over 20 years banking experience at BMO, CIBC, and other organizations. He has over $550 Million in mortgages completed and is passionate about helping assist individuals leverage good debt to build wealth. He is known for bringing passion, enthusiasm and a wealth of knowledge to his team and clients. Jason is a hands-on agent who seeks to inform and empower future homeowners and investors.
In 2020, Jason began collaborating with Cheryll Case to found Partna. Partna serves to realize Jason’s vision to help property owners better utilize their assets and support community.
Applications due: December 7th, 2022, 11:59pm
Start date: December/January, 2022
Compensation: $25-$34/hr (FT equal to $45,500 - $61,880) commensurate with experience Commitment: Full-time is 35 hrs/week, Part-time is 20 hrs/week; contract ending May 31st, 2024 with opportunity to extend
Benefits: Not available
The Partna team is looking to hire a Project Coordinator who is an organized, adept self-starter. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for affordable housing, social finance, and innovation to the role. This role is hybrid, with expectations to participate in team meetings, collaborate with project collaborators and stakeholders,and engage clients online or in person as needed. We are seeking applicants from candidates who live in the Toronto.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to Jason Allen John, Finance Director of Partna. The Project Coordinator will also work closely with CP Planning to ensure Partna meets its obligation to engage neighbourhoods and achieve objectives to generate affordable housing as part of the Roadmap for Redeveloment Plans to Confront Systemic Racism.
- Coordinate schedule of Partna team to ensure consistent follow up on planning, finance, and property engagement matters
- Produce documentation and conduct follow up in alignment with internal strategy sessions and engagements with collaborators, stakeholders, and leaders within the real estate, development, and finance industries
- Keep track of the Partna workplan, ensure consistent follow up with property owners, consultants, and key partners to ensure the timely advancement on project objectives
- Develop and implement outreach strategy to generate engagement and leads to collaborate with property owners
- Conduct outreach and orientation with property owners and real estate agents to communicate and evaluate opportunities to collaborate on affordable housing development
- Conduct and report on analysis on development feasibility based on Partna’s tools and business mode
- College or Undergraduate diploma/degree or demonstrated practical experience
- Passionate about social finance and affordable housing
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with Customer Management Systems, MS Office, online meeting software and other tech
- Flexibility to work remotely or in person, as needed
- Ability to manage expectations, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks and people
- Experience in outreach, sales, or community development
- Experience in managing or facilitating housing development (finance, planning, approvals, architecture, or construction management)
- Experience in a startup environment
Applications are due on December 7th, 2022, 11:59pm. However, applicants are encouraged to send their application as soon as possible, to assist in the scheduling of interviews.
We encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientations, racial identities, newcomers, and people with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25.00-$34.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON