Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
Climate change is not a future threat—it’s an immediate one. BCG’s Climate & Sustainability practice (C&S) partners with businesses and governments to help them transform commitments into action and build a decarbonized, more sustainable world, driving technological and economic transformations to realize sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of our commitment to protecting the planet and helping clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, BCG is deepening and broadening its focus. C&S brings together more than 550 experts covering the full range of sustainability topics, including biodiversity, circular economy, decarbonization, sustainable agriculture, transition financing, water management, and other ESG topics—across all sectors—to support our clients around the world.
What You'll Do
WHAT WE NEED
To help tackle climate change, advance racial equity, transition to a circular economy, boost economic development, create food systems and security, embrace large-scale renewables and clean technology, accelerate sustainable finance and investing, and build sustainable supply chains, BCG helps clients transform their business models to optimize for societal and business value. With businesses facing more pressure than ever to rethink their role in society and improve their impact on people and the planet, BCG is looking for a variety of consultants across tenures and topics to help our clients take on difficult challenges when it comes to climate and sustainability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
At BCG you will become a pivotal member of our consulting team, working alongside some of the world’s top minds on the forefront of climate and sustainability strategy. You will collaborate closely with team members from many backgrounds, advising clients across industries on how best to reduce emissions and reach their sustainability goals.
To capitalize on the momentum and growth, current openings span levels and areas of expertise, meaning the type of work you will focus in could vary. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working alongside our traditional and specialty consultants to bring the ‘best of BCG’ to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
BCG Project Leaders and Principals lead case teams, engage with and present to senior clients, direct projects to define client needs, manage project scoping and work module development, supervise research activities, and participate in business development. They oversee the formulation of hypotheses for research and investigation, as well as advanced analysis to identify opportunities. They work closely with clients to solidity their competitive advantage and drive value on multiple levels: societal and sustainability value, financial impact, organizational transformation, enhanced effectiveness and digitalization, improved supplier collaboration and optimized risk management. Project Leaders and Principals are also responsible for continuously developing the firm’s knowledge and capabilities and play a key role in the development and maintenance of high-level client relationships.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
3 to 10+ years of post-graduate school consulting experience, with at least 1+ years at a team lead level
- 3+ years of consulting or industry experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Oil & Gas: Upstream, downstream, or chemicals operations; carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) commercial strategy and market assessment, greenhouse gas reduction and energy efficiency, net-zero roadmapping
- Power & Renewables: Distributed energy resources (DER), EV vehicles and charging, electrification of industrial processes, onsite electricity generation, corporate renewables procurement
- Industrial Goods: Carbon accounting/disclosure and/or hydrogen/fuel cell/e-fuel strategy within chemicals, metals & mining, engineered processed goods, aerospace & defense, automotive, and agriculture. Blockchain experience a plus
- Consumer: Sustainable sourcing & procurement within retail and consumer products, traceability & transparency, regenerative agriculture and food value chains, retail net-zero strategy
- Operations: Scope 3 emissions reduction through supply chain and procurement, net-zero and carbon reduction strategy, leveraging supply chain technology to reduce footprint
- Financial Institutions: Sustainable and impact investing strategy, ESG accounting, impact due diligence, ESG integration, net-zero strategy in financial institution setting (private equity, banks, funds, asset management)
- Ability to develop leading edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value. Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the norm
- Proven ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide “thought leadership” to teams, owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements. A combination of management and “hands on” delivery experience is critical
- A degree from a top-tier institution preferred
YOU'LL BE BASED IN:
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices.
YOU'LL BE TRAVELING:
Travel is expected and will vary based on project needs.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS:
Boston Consulting Company (“BCG”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The first year base compensation for this role is:
Project Leader: $225,400 USD
Principal: $252,900 USD
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus and BCG’s Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (PSRF) contribution. BCG also provides a market leading benefits package described below.
At BCG, we are committed to offering a comprehensive benefit program that includes everything our employees and their families need to be well and live life to the fullest. We pay the full cost of medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees – and their eligible family members.* That’s zero dollars in premiums taken from employee paychecks. All our plans provide best in class coverage:
- Zero dollar ($0) health insurance premiums for BCG employees, spouses, and children
- Low $5 (USD) copays for trips to the doctor, urgent care visits and prescriptions for generic drugs
- Dental coverage, including up to $5,000 (USD) in orthodontia benefits
- Vision insurance with coverage for both glasses and contact lenses annually
- Reimbursement for gym memberships and other fitness activities
- Fully vested retirement contributions made annually, whether you contribute or not
- Generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, and annual office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Parental Leave and other family benefits such as elective egg freezing, surrogacy, and adoption reimbursement
- Employees, spouses, and children are covered at no cost. Employees share in the cost of domestic partner coverage.