This role will report to the Senior IT Director Corporate Systems and or a designated individual and will also work closely with closely with PMO resources, finance, and ERP aspects for implementation.
*SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Business Project Management
- Lead business activities related to new initiatives and implementations.
- Developing comprehensive project plans for small to large, transformational projects consistent with leading industry practices and organizational standards
- Managing project scope to ensure commitments are achieved while remaining adaptable to changes brought about by evolving business conditions and external factors
- Supporting, and often leading, efforts to manage the people-side of change
Business Process Management and key activities
- Establish structured approach to documenting, assessing, and improving Atlantic Packaging’s Business Processes in alignment with organization’s enterprise goals
- Collaborate with business and technology leads to identify hierarchy of core processes in their areas, identify key areas for improvements and plan for execution of recommended changes
- Lead continuous improvements of Business Process Management practices, including adoption of tools best suited to support BPM and business partners’ needs
- Support business SMEs with their project tasks, including test planning and execution, training coordination and status reporting.
- Provide support to process owners in the creation and delivery of training material as they relate to changed business processes
Support Automation and process improvement efforts
Support Digitalization and Automation initiatives, by providing Business Process Management expertise that can support automation and operational efficiency efforts.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure alignment with IT tools and processes, and adoption of appropriate technologies
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong knowledge and Interest in Business Process Management
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish key partnerships, teamwork and relationship building
- Solid understanding of finance process and core business processes
- Ability to analyze issues and assess risks from a variety of sources and perspectives and develop and recommend solutions
- Innovative, creative and self-starter
- College degree (3-year program). Post-secondary education in the areas of IT, Business or related field are preferred
- Business Process Analysis/Management education and/or related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the roles related to Business Project Management, Business Process Management, or Business Architecture
- Understanding of Finance process or manufacturing process is considered an asset.
- BPM certifications (in place or in progress) would be considered an asset.
*Customer Focus - Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.*
*Decision Quality - Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considered both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.*
*Drive for Results - Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities, and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.*
*Leadership - The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.*
*Teamwork - Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.*
*Think and Act like an owner - Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.*
Job Type: Full-time