TYPE: Part-time, Contract
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
As a professional infrastructure engineering and construction management consultancy, we strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, utility infrastructure, and advance future generations.
We are looking for a safety professional who is an expert on managing public safety risks and most importantly aligns with our team values (Service, Quality, Consult, Safety, Share). This position is based in BC and will be responsible for performing Public Safety Consulting Services related to public interaction with hydroelectric dams and associated facilities, parks, and electrical infrastructure. This will be part-time work, open to consultants.
- Grow with us – Take on new projects and learn with our experienced team
- Work on interesting projects – From public warning systems for dam sites to substations
- Receive competitive compensation
- Attend staff events and contribute to our Share 1% program – we donate 1% of our annual revenue into local community groups
- Work in a professional, friendly, and respectful culture – named as a Best Place to Work for Inclusion and Mental Health
- Provide subject matter expertise on public safety risks and mitigation measures for power infrastructure.
- Develop and update Public Safety Management Plans for facilities, recreation sites, and capital projects
- Perform hazard identification and risk assessment across the province using methodology in Canadian Dam Association (CDA) Guidelines for Public Safety around Dams and Waterways
- Research site safety controls that eliminate or mitigate hazards and recommend implementation options
- Represent public safety on capital projects by attending team meetings and coordinating implementation of safety controls
- Support facility operation with public safety inquiries
- Tracking progress and reporting monthly on assigned work
- Attending meetings as requested to describe work progress, challenges, and solutions
- Minimum 5 years related experience working within a regulated environment in the field of public safety or public recreational spaces
- Four-year degree in a related discipline, such as engineering, environmental sciences or business from a recognized university or an institute of technology or equivalent.
- Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or Registered Professional Planner (RPP) is an asset.
- Experience in utilities is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant risk assessment methods
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to perform on-site assessments which require travel and site field work
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex organization and utilize internal and external information sources
Maven Consulting is an infrastructureengineering and construction consultancy delivering services across Western North America. We strive to help our clients provide the world with energy, utility infrastructure, and to advance future generations. Based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven has been recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in Western Canada and as Best Place to Work in British Columbia in 2021.
The word “Maven” means, “one who is experienced or knowledgeable.” Our people are our success. We have a professional, friendly, and open team committed to our values: serving clients, producing quality work, and proactive communication.
We believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. We are proud to donate 1% of our annual revenue to local community groups.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- public safety: 5 years (preferred)
- Certified Safety Professional (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-31