Dixie Electric Ltd., Dixie, was established in June 1968 to service the Toronto area with remanufactured generators and starters. Over the years, Dixie has earned the reputation of combining superior service and support with high quality charging and starting products. Our product line encompasses a full range of remanufactured and new alternators, generators, starters, and their components. Today Dixie has grown to a world-wide company with production facilities in Canada and India. Dixie has a distribution network of strategically located warehouses throughout Canada and the United States. In 1999 Dixie moved into its present 17,200m2 (185,000 square foot) facility in Concord, Ontario, Canada which houses the corporate headquarters, manufacturing, warehouse and distribution center. This facility has a management system that is registered to ISO-9001 Standards.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree with 2 to 5 years purchasing experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with purchasing, contracts and vendor relations, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong computer skills, analytical ability and good judgment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, managers and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with vendor negotiations.
- Excellent follow up and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a team setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare purchase orders and review requisitions for supplies and equipment.
- Negotiate with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services in a cost-effective,
- efficient manner.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and at preestablished pars.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that products come in on time and in good condition. In the event of problems,
- trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
- Confer with vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable products and determine corrective action.
- Maintain complete and current purchasing records, data and pricing in the system. Provide reports as needed.
- Maintain contact with vendors to keep informed of market trends, availability of supplies, new items and
- reliability of suppliers.
- Standardize products as appropriate. Identify and propose opportunities for cost savings in the areas of supply
- cost and utilization.
- Analyze and monitor inventory levels.
- Act as a resource for vendor and contract information.
- Utilize and leverage the size and volume of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.