Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material by performing the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to: Other duties may be assigned.
- Train, mentor and supervise various Buyer’s on specific product line needs and fill in as needed.
- Provides and supports performance coaching and professional development of direct reports and team members in one’s functional area, including formal and periodic communication around internal control accountabilities.
- Assigns and manages purchasing staff and buyers to meet internal customers’ needs and works with the respective vendors in meeting those needs; works with purchase owners from initial needs identification to delivery.
- Researches and evaluates current and potential suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, reputation and history.
- Receives and reviews quotes to determine the supplier with the highest quality goods at lowest possible price.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications for the addition of new parts as requested.
- Sources and requests samples for all current and new parts, as needed.
- Researches and analyzes inventory records to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Monitor the current KPI’s that are in place and take necessary actions to improve and stabilize at the adequate levels.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of preparation, processing and distribution of purchase orders and retains all necessary documents regarding the purchasing organization.
- Creates purchase orders and obtains appropriate signature(s) as required for approval.
- Works with quality department to discuss defective or unacceptable goods and determine disposition or corrective action required.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries and inventories.
- Confers with suppliers concerning OT Performance, for late and early deliveries. As well as, pricing, shipping and payment terms, defective shipments and over/under shipped items.
- Be able to maintain & grow new VMI programs with new vendors & products.
- Performs quarterly analysis for standard cost pricing requirement.
- Attends and participates in meetings, conferences and trade shows as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents, reports, bids, contracts, catalogs, and invoices.
- Strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Good mathematical aptitude, problem solving/decision making skills, and good time management skills.
- Computer proficiency, specifically Excel experience.
- Ability to use a ten key by touch, facsimile, and copier.
- Position may require overnight domestic and minimal international travel.
- Attendance and input on daily Ops call.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- MRP Experience (QAD preferred).
- Basic arithmetic – addition, subtract, multiply and divide.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and/ or (2) years of related experience or four (4) years in assistant buyer or related position.
- Purchasing environment preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON L4K 4W8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- purchasing: 2 years (preferred)
Expected start date: 2023-01-30