You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Quality Analyst’s position is part of a team whose mandate is to conduct independent and objective quality assessments of Disability claims files. The team’s focus is to ensure that operational processes and practices are consistent with best practices established on a national basis. The Quality Analyst will complete audit functions on the lifecycle of a disability claim, including Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Health Management Consulting, including the assessment of the claims decision processes. The ability to learn and apply key concepts across all programs (i.e. Creditor, Compliance, Case Management Quality, Association and Affinity, Waiver, Plan Sponsor Agreement etc.) will be required.
- Experience in auditing, sampling and reconciliation
- Knowledge of Organizational Effectiveness, Group Benefits and understanding of GB strategy
- Knowledge of other Group Benefits areas
- In-depth level of knowledge of disability claims (STD, LTD, and Health Management) processes, controls and systems (3-5 years of Disability claims experience)
- PC knowledge (Windows XP, Excel, Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a collaborative and interactive style that initiates and facilitates discussion within the team and with our business partners
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Grasps new concepts quickly and is able to explain them
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within scheduled deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong customer focus
For Quebec only - Bilingualism (French, English) required- support tasks for an English-speaking team outside Quebec
- Conduct quality reviews focusing on case management principles as well as overall case management excellence of assigned disability claims files; record quality assurance results using audit tools
- Review new claim decisions and/or change of definition decisions to assure the quality of the decision as defined by our contract, philosophy and practices
- Meet service levels for quality, quantity and timeliness (individual and team)
- Provide feedback on evaluation along with suggestions of improvement
- Remain current on Group Life and Disability practices and processes
- Provide input on trends to support actionable recommendations for quality improvement
- Participate in calibration sessions to ensure consistency in the application of the measures and to ensure program objectives are met
- Provide subject matter expertise input into Disability process related inquiries
- Provide feedback on the assessment with strong supporting rationale, when there is a disagreement between Quality and Operations
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:51,100/51 100 - 82,800/82 800
Job Category:Business Analysis - Process
Posting End Date:06/02/2023