Headquartered in Toronto, CMiC is a software company focused on the Construction industry. We have built a comprehensive platform for construction companies to manage their most important workflows. Our customers can choose between a Cloud or Self-Hosted deployment that includes industry focused modules to manage everything from Financials and Payroll to Project Management and Job Costing. We have a strong market share in North America and rapidly expanding internationally in regions like Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
The Quality Assurance Analyst reports to a specific QA Lead and indirectly to the QA Manager. This position is responsible for testing (manual and automated), documenting, enhancing and maintaining the CMiC Enterprise software application.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accountable for the testing, integration, documentation, and maintenance of CMiC Enterprise application which includes:
- Test web applications, functional testing, integration testing and load testing of applications along with database input, developing and executing test cases for functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance, and stability testing.
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated testing scripts through TestComplete, ReadyAPI and other automation testing technologies such as TestRail.
- Execute test cases and document actual results, with a high degree of accuracy for system test phase adhering to timelines.
- Assist in defining test data and test environment requirements.
- Log defects and assist in resolution process as required.
- Provide support to business teams for business testing as required.
- Ensure timely notification of issues/problems and make recommendations for issue/problem resolution.
- Support automation and test data management strategies.
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including testing and project management disciplines, well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards, escalating escalate issues as required.
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends.
- Work collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve problems
- Participate in project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate.
- Evaluate alternative design approaches and design technical processes to meet business and user requirements.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that defects are correctly identified, fixed and incorporated into solutions.
- Involvement in analysis, design, development, debugging, execution and maintenance of automated test cases/scripts within multiple testing environments.
- May provide day-to-day support for test environments, trouble shooting, triaging issues and coordinating resolution with all technology partners.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- College/ University Undergraduate Degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant software Testing experience
- Understanding of Accounting
- Familiarity with Testing Automation tools including TestRail, TestComplete, ReadyAPI/SoapUI
- Experience with web-based client applications and SQL databases preferable.
- Should have previous hands-on technical working experience with the following Technologies: Oracle, basic PL/SQL and basic SQL.
- Some in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business (Project Management/Accounting) and IT perspective.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements.
- Ability to perform QA testing and lead or coordinate basic testing activities.
- Ability to test from an End-to-End perspective (Client/Server debugging).
- An expert at writing and executing scripts and scenarios, as per methodology.
- Readiness to develop testing processes, strategies, plans, methodologies.
- Highly effective collaborator and relationship-builder.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- Located on York University's campus, easily accessible by transit (TTC, GO, etc.), walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Outdoor lunch space, including picnic tables
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, Game nights, BBQ's, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including virtual yoga classes and wellness webinars
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment
- Experience in a rapidly growing, socially responsible corporation
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.