Job Description :
Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Quality Technician based in North Bay, Ontario. As the Quality Technician, you will work with production personnel to address quality issues that arise during daily production. You will also work with the inspection department on First Article and production inspection, assist with production issues that arise and plan quality improvements based on monthly quality data for continuous improvement activities.
- NCR Review
- Claim Review
- ISO Audits (9001:2015, 14000 & 18001)
- Production spot audits.
- Gauge Calibration review.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of ISO systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Theories
- Knowledge of Gauging principles
- Knowledge of Metrology
- Strong communication skills in English (French an asset)
- Experience in a union shop an asset
- Self-starter that seeks out opportunities for improvements
- Works well with minimal direction
- Not afraid to ask for assistance or clarification
- Valid Driver’s licence an asset
- MS Office Suite
- Experience with MRP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of Fanuc control (Okuma, Mori Seki, Matsuura Mills & Lathes)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- College Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- This position is located at North Bay, ON, and we do not offer relocation support. Will this be an issue?
- Quality Control/ Quality Tech: 2 years (preferred)