At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Janssen Inc Canada is looking for a graduate student to join the Evidence Generation Centre (EGC) as a Real World Data & Evidence Intern, located in Toronto.
As a crucial team member, the intern will contribute to advancing Real World Data (RWD) innovations and methodology excellence in RWE research. You will apply data, analytic and scientific skill to grow our knowledge on disease characteristics, diagnosis and treatment pathways, healthcare utilization, and patient and healthcare provider needs in the real-world setting across a range of Therapeutic Areas. By the end of the internship, you will learn how cutting-edge RWE can help patients in Canada.
- Perform targeted literature review, including extraction of RWD and RWE methods. Build summary reports for knowledge sharing.
- Improve user experience and update the information in Janssen's Canadian RWD inventory on a regular basis.
- Review protocols and provide statistical and methods expertise to minimize bias and confounders in study design.
- Conduct benefits/trade-off assessment for a variety of RWE methods and document assessment results.
- Design and produce compelling data visualizations for data trending and storytelling using PowerBI, Tableau or Qlik Sense.
- Support improvement and usage of digital solutions such as Power Apps, Power Automate, SharePoint online.
- Currently enrolled in graduate degree program in health data analysis, health economics/outcome research, epidemiology, biomedical data science, biostatistics or related field as shown by current or prior coursework with an 8- or 12-month intern/co-op program in a Canadian University.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to research and critically analyze scientific information.
- Self-directed learner with strong logical and solution-based thinking skill. If given Step 1 and a clear objective, demonstrated ability to work through ambiguous issues based on assumptions. Able to build upon what is known to identify tangible next steps. Be accountable for results.
- Familiar with epidemiology, healthcare resource utilization, or health outcome study design.
- Use of statistical and scripting language such as R, Python, and VBA.
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office 360, Power Platform, Data visualization software
- Strong organization skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of Canadian health data such as electronic health record, administrative data, and claims data would be an asset.
- Strong documentation and know when to ask questions.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees can achieve their potential.