RECE/ECE Kindergarten & School Age Program Professionals – Toronto
PLASP Child Care Services is an award winning charitable organization operating on a not-for-profit basis, providing high quality licensed programs, for children up to 12 years of age since 1975. PLASP operates programs in more than 240 schools providing before and after school care. PLASP also operates 30 full-day early learning and child care centres and 5 EarlyON locations for children from 0 – 6 years.
PLASP is committed to hiring, training, and fairly compensating staff. We employ qualified educators who have a positive and sensitive attitude towards children.
PLASP staff receive a competitive salary and benefit package, RRSP program, access to an Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, life-long learning and training opportunities and opportunities for growth and advancement.
All Ontarians have the right to equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination or harassment. We believe that everyone has worth and value, and that all staff are entitled to be respected, supported, and treated fairly by their co-workers and supervisors.
PLASP kindergarten and school age programs provide fun, age appropriate activities for children 4 to 12 years of age, both indoors and outdoors. Programs follow the Ministry of Education pedagogy, How Does Learning Happen?
PLASP is hiring for positions throughout Toronto including, Scarborough, North York, North Toronto, West Toronto, Etobicoke
We are currently hiring for:
- Program Directors - starting at $23.73 per hour
- Assistant Directors - starting at $21.88 per hour
- Program Supervisors - starting at $19.98 per hour
RECE's receive an additional shift premium to the base wage rates above
- Works with a team to establish and maintain a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, implements programs of stimulating activities and developmentally appropriate activities for children, following the Ministry of Education’s How does Learning Happen? Ontario’s pedagogy for the early years and PLASP standards.
- Program Hours will be for 2 – 5.5 hours per day from September to June with the opportunity to work in Winter, Spring and Summer programs.
- Staff are required to attend meetings and training sessions during the day.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE), Child and Youth Worker/Child and Youth Care (CYW/ CYC) or Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) preferred
- Experience working with groups of school aged children in a formal setting
- Original Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- Up-to-date immunization records
- A valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with level C CPR
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s pedagogy “How Does Learning Happen?”
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skill
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Physically able to participate with children in the gym and outdoors and set up program equipment
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
How to Apply:
If you meet all of the above requirements, please visit our employment page to apply.
PLASP Child Care Services is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please visit www.plasp.com for more employment information.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location